how to control bandwidth accordingly ip addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-13 06:28:18 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:05:27
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello Everyone!

i want to control bandwidth according ip addresses, but i do not found how i managed bandwidth with ip addresses, before this i used tplink 3420 device now update the network on gigabit, so purchased Archer C7 and gigabit switches , but here (in Archer C7) priorty option which is only work with mac address, i have 70+ client systems and cell phones, so its difficult to me to add mac address each, 

or one more condition possible, if i only add high priorty mac addresses and all other devices automatic goes on low priorty. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:how to control bandwidth accordingly ip addresses
2019-07-15 07:17:29 - last edited 2021-04-19 12:05:27
Firstly, it is SOHO device, so it's better to write in SOHO community. However, yeah, some Archers can work now only with MAC-addresses for QoS. The main point is the same though, for example, you configure 10 MACs for High priority and you set it 50%. It means, that if nobody of these 10 MACs is online, 100% of bandwidth will be splitted among other 60 others, while when 1st MAC from high priority appears, it will have 50% guarantee bandwidth. If 10 high priority MACs are online, it will split the same 50%.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 767

Replies: 1