Use the same ddns for two WANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-23 20:56:06 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:58:25
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.0.2 Build 20180211 Rel.60963

Greetings, I have this Load Balancer set to Failover; Primay WAN: WAN1, Backup WAN: WAN2, the detail is that I need to use a hostname for the ddns, but when I try to add the same data in the second WAN it tells me that it failed by adding the rule. Is there a way to have the same DDNS name on both interfaces? when one of them falls, the backup one enters and updates the ip in the ddns.

I will appreciate your interest, thanks in advance ...

I edit: I have updated the firmware to TL-R470T + (UN) _v6_20180731 and now I can add different domain names with the same account, but there is a way to add the same domain name, for both interfaces, because when one stops the other can enter and update the domain name with the new ip.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Use the same ddns for two WANs
2019-08-26 09:54:08 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:58:25

Your demand is cooperated with LInk Backup. If you have two same domain name for both interface and both interface are linkup, then when we access the domain name, the system may not know forward the data to which interface.

Options
Re:Re:Use the same ddns for two WANs
2019-08-26 22:22:13 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:58:25

Andone wrote

Your demand is cooperated with LInk Backup. If you have two same domain name for both interface and both interface are linkup, then when we access the domain name, the system may not know forward the data to which interface.

Of course, I understand, right there is my question, if there is a way that in this model the connection marked as backup is only latent in standby.
Without executing the services, then if the main line dies the second, (backup) would be activated, it would wake up the services and update the ddns name.

From your response I see that with this team I will not achieve it, having the same dns for two connections (not up both at the same time) but when one falls the other wakes up the services and executes the update.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 999

Replies: 2