Help on fixing EAP225-outdoor v1 (firmware reflashing?)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-02 15:47:37
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20181107 Rel. 35628

Hi Guys,

I don't know where to ask but can you help me fix one of the EAP225-outdoor? I got 2 EAP225-outdoor and the old one got disconnected and having problems connecting again. I tried to hard reset it and adopt it again but failed several times. I did hard reset it by pressing the small reset button several times but stil failed to adopt (wireless). So, I did connect it directly to the router and tried wired adopt but I always adopt thru wireless. 

Here is the warning I got whenever I try to adopt the EAP.

When I tried to press Retry, it always reply, Invalid parameters.

I tried connecting thru its IP address, here is the main EAP (the functioning one).

But the other one always says, "This site can't be reached."

I tried to connect to it thru wireless and still can't login and don't know how to find the address because it only uses IPv6.

here is the other one.

I think the firmware got busted, so can we manual flash the firmware? or any solution to fix my EAP225?

Regards,

JessieG

Options
11 Reply
Re:Help on fixing EAP225-outdoor v1 (firmware reflashing?)
2019-09-03 01:02:24

@JessieG 

From the screenshots you sent, we can know that you cannot adopt the EAP successfully. Here are some suggestions for you.

1. Make sure that you input the correct password. From the information, it tells you that you input wrong username or password. 

2. When you reset the EAP, please press the Reset hole about 10 seconds until the LED lights are flashing. After you reset it, both the username and password are admin.

3. If you want to adopt the EAP successfully, the first thing you need to do is to check the connection between the EAP and Controller host. You can ping the EAP on the Controller host. If you cannot ping it successfully, then you will not adopt it successfully. 

4. From your screenshots we can also know, you cannot login to the EAP via IP address. Actually, when the EAP is managed by the Omada Controller, then we cannot manage it in standalone mode. 

5. By the way, you mentioned IPv6, EAP doesn't support IPv6 address for now. Please use IPv4. 

Hope this is useful for you. 

Options
2019-09-03 18:06:09

Hi Forrest,

Thanks, I've already fix it but had a ton of backtracking and just to give you some report. It has something to do with my noob setup of my ubnt router and only makes the oc200 and 1 port see each other in the lan thats why I can't adopt the other EAP over lan but always thru wireless mesh but it always failed even when entering the correct username and password. So I reset all my devices, except the oc200 because it contains lots of sold vouchers to my resellers. Setup from bottom up and fix the problem.

And thanks for the reply and more power to you guys!

Regards,

JessieG

Options
2019-09-04 04:01:18

Hi Forrest,

I'm very frustrated, I got it running last night for about 5hrs but when it restarts it happened again. I set a schedule reboot in OC200 every 2:31am after the 2:30am which the SSID will be turned off using the scheduler. I tried swaping th EAPs and still can't adopt. I can adopt the EAP when its wired but I can't adopt it in MESH or wireless again. I haven't reset yet (the wizard) the edgemax X router which was the last thing I did last night to fix the problem.

In the router I only:

1. add the DNS (clearbrowsing - adult) to limit surfing for adult content rather than firewall, etc.

2. activate the smart queuing of upload an download.

3. set the IP Mapping (DHCP) for the OC200, EAP x2 and some mobile phones, laptops and tablets.

When I wake up after 5hrs the other EAP was disconnected and can't reconnect again. I reset it and tried to adopt thru wireless (in the mesh tab its -75dbm to -80dbm) but it can't adopt it even if I'm using the right username and password. but when I connect it to the router it can be adopted easily.

Any suggestion on where I need to improve or what I'm doing wrong. I was using the old setup for about 1 month already but 4 days ago this problem started. 

Hope you can help me with this.

Regards,

JessieG

Options
Re:Re:Help on fixing EAP225-outdoor v1 (firmware reflashing?)
2019-09-04 06:23:37

@JessieG ,

We recommend you to configure the mesh network again. Please make sure that you enable mesh on the OC200 first. Then you can do it as the following steps.

1. Connect all EAP devices and Controller together;

2. Adopt all the EAP devices with Controller;

3. Remove wired connection of the AP you want to deploy wirelessly (the status will change to isolated);

4. Configure uplink for isolated AP;

5. Wait for the isolated AP's status change from Isolated to Connected(Wireless).

Options
Re:Re:Re:Help on fixing EAP225-outdoor v1 (firmware reflashing?)
2019-09-04 09:36:12

Hi forrest,

4. Configure uplink for isolated AP;

How do you configure uplink for isolated AP? it automatically link itself to the wired EAP.

5. Wait for the isolated AP's status change from Isolated to Connected(Wireless).

It always change to disconnected. Even if it has connection with the wired EAP whe I click the EAP and view the mesh tab. It will be there but eventually will be lost and doesn't connect(wireless)

When I insert it to the lan it will be connected and have the WIFI symbol, which means its connected not thru the LAN but thru the mesh but it is connected to the LAN and when I remove it from the LAN it will become disconnected again after a few minutes.

I can't seem to upload the photo but the firmware of my OC200 is 1.1.1 Build 20190419 Rel.43063 and controller version: 3.1.13

I upgraded it from OC200 and I think its from russian TPLINK? 

https://www.tp-link.com/bg/support/download/oc200/#Firmware

my OC200(UN) will downgrade it to the latest version in the US site which is OC200(UN)_v1_1.1.0_Build_20190220.

Still hope you can help me it this.

Regards,

JessieG

Options
2019-09-04 09:41:06

I didn't continue with the downgrade because it will delete the database, I got lots of sold voucher tickets already. Sigh. Still trying again.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Help on fixing EAP225-outdoor v1 (firmware reflashing?)
2019-09-04 09:49:19

@JessieG ,

For the step 4 Configure uplink for isolated AP. Let me explain it to you.

(1) Click the Isolated AP, then click Mesh;

(2) In mesh page, an "uplink AP" and basic information will be listed. If you cannot see can AP, please click "Rescan" and make sure your Uplink AP is up;

(3) Choose one of the "Uplink AP" and click "Link".

When you disconnect the AP from the OC200, the status of the AP should be isolated when there are uplink APs. If the status of the AP become disconnected,  please reset the AP to have a try. 

Hope this is useful for you. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Help on fixing EAP225-outdoor v1 (firmware reflashing?)
2019-09-04 15:11:23

Hi forrest,

Thanks for the intructions, currently I only have 2 EAPs so it automatically links with the other EAP and then disconnected.  As per your instruction after disconnection I need to reset the EAP then adopt and it works fine. Yehey! but when I put it to the second location, I need to turn it off and when I turned off the EAP, it shows disconnected again and after 15mins it didn't change status. I did reset it and adopt and failed again. I need to set it up first to be in LAN then isolate then reset to get the EAP connected. Currently its working by using that procedure but as I'm located that has frequent black outs and or power outages that makes the EAP reconnect and it would be hassle to get the EAP back and do it again. 

Is there any configuration that I change that might cause this but I'm using it for less than a month the new setup with second EAP 70-80 meters apart.

or Is there any way to backup the vouchers then downgrade the OC200 firmware. Mine is with 3.1.13 Controller version auto update firmware to the latest and it can be identical from the russian tplink site. I want to try to downgrade maybe because the OC200(UN) is lower version but have 3.1.4 Controller version which I presume much better?

Its working and turned off those schedules reboot and offline because it might cause the main problem.

Regards,

JessieG

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Help on fixing EAP225-outdoor v1 (firmware reflashing?)
2019-09-05 01:09:31

@JessieG 

Thanks for the intructions, currently I only have 2 EAPs so it automatically links with the other EAP and then disconnected.  As per your instruction after disconnection I need to reset the EAP then adopt and it works fine. Yehey! but when I put it to the second location, I need to turn it off and when I turned off the EAP, it shows disconnected again and after 15mins it didn't change status. I did reset it and adopt and failed again. I need to set it up first to be in LAN then isolate then reset to get the EAP connected. Currently its working by using that procedure but as I'm located that has frequent black outs and or power outages that makes the EAP reconnect and it would be hassle to get the EAP back and do it again. 

When the status of EAP is isolated, then please build the mesg network. After the mesh network works stable, please move the EAP to other site. 

Normally the EAP will connect to the Root AP automatically.

Is there any configuration that I change that might cause this but I'm using it for less than a month the new setup with second EAP 70-80 meters apart.

For now, we don't receive any feedback that other features will affect the mesh network. You mention the Reboot Schedule, you can close it to have a try.

Or Is there any way to backup the vouchers then downgrade the OC200 firmware. Mine is with 3.1.13 Controller version auto update firmware to the latest and it can be identical from the russian tplink site. I want to try to downgrade maybe because the OC200(UN) is lower version but have 3.1.4 Controller version which I presume much better?

You needn't downgrade the firmware to a lower version, as long as the version is above Controller 2.6, it will be used to build the mesh network. And even you backup the configuration, after you downgrade the firmware, you will not restore the configuration. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Help on fixing EAP225-outdoor v1 (firmware reflashing?)
2019-09-05 09:29:07

Hi forrest,

For the longest time I had to troubleshoot, I found the problem. One by one I browse all the settings in OC200 and found the single change that I forgot to undo while trying a setup for gaming (for LAN) its the No Acknowledgement or No Ack int the QoS tab. Base on the guide from optimizing the online game  but thru wired connection NO Ack will help. I tried in a week ago and forgot to remove/uncheck it from the QoS 5GHz. After I uncheck it or remove it, all operations and adoption of MESH are smooth and no problem.

Here is the little bugger!!!

I thank you for your patience and guidance! Thank you! and for those who want to go for MESH don't ever check the No Acknowledgement in (5GHz) just base on my  hard experience. 

Again more power to you and the support team! and more solid functionality in TPLINK products.

Regards,

JessieG

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6828

Replies: 11