Help!! Facebook Error after checkin EAP115

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-02 01:03:19
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.2.0 Build 20181211 Rel. 51136

Hi, I have a EAP 115 with one SSID with portal with facebook, when people conect to wifi, the portal redirect to my facebook fanpag, when people enter the facebook portal and do chekin or through code, an error page appears and does not connect to the internet. 

I have a 3.2.0 Build 20181211 Rel. 51136 firmware and use EAP Controller v2.5.4. 

When I try to install the omada controller, it doesn't work and it sends me the error: Fail to start mongo DB server. 

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help!! Facebook Error after checkin EAP115
2019-10-08 00:19:05

@David_Camus 

Now the latest firmware of the EAP115 V4.0 is 3.3.0 Build 20190301, please upgrade the firmware to the latest version. (Normally we will add some new features and fix some bugs on every new firmware.)

From the information, we can know there is something wrong with the Facebook, it is not related to the EAP or Omada Controller. 

As you mentioned "Fail to start mongo DB server.", the version of your Omada Controller is too old, please upgrade it to the latest version. You can download it in the following website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/eap-controller/#Controller_Software

Options
2019-10-08 15:32:45

@forrest Hi, thanks, I have updated to the latest version of the driver and firmware, and I have the same problem, I guess its omada facebook app.

Options
2019-10-11 06:00:21

I don't know if its the same problem or root problem. I just updated my EAP225-outdoor with the latest firmware and tried if the facebook WIFI portal is working properly and not give free FB acess to all SSIDs but I can't seem to setup the FB portal page, I always show "Failed to connect to the Facebook server. Please close this window and check your network connection." I've use MS Edge, and goog chrome but to no avail, I think FB updated the links or tplink did not update the links to facebook WI-FI.

Options