Omada EAP Controller To Have A Option To Send A User To A Specific Access Point In Reach

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada EAP Controller To Have A Option To Send A User To A Specific Access Point In Reach

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-04 15:49:08 - last edited 2022-09-08 08:33:06
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.6.0

So I have 3 Omada EAP 225 access points around my home and most devices tent to stay in one spot at a time like my printers and desktops it would be really good if you could have a option to send a certain device to a access point since with my devices it just picks what ever like I have a access point above the desktop and it somtimes just connects to the one at the other side of the house, you could add it so like if i have 3 access points A,B,C and I would like to set the device to connect only to A there is a feature that can let you just click a device and set the access point it needs to connect to, im guessing this is easy since you could just do it by having B and C block the Mac address of the device and force it to connect to A

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada EAP Controller To Have A Option To Send A User To A Specific Access Point In Reach
2019-10-04 16:05:48 - last edited 2022-09-08 08:33:06

To force a device always connect to a specific EAP, just give the EAP another SSID and pair the device with it. You could also set up an additional SSID on a specific EAP for only those devices which should connect to this EAP.

This is the »option« every AP has, not only EAPs. It's always the client device itself which decides to use which AP with a given SSID.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Omada EAP Controller To Have A Option To Send A User To A Specific Access Point In Reach
2021-01-03 17:07:13 - last edited 2022-09-08 08:33:06

How can I create a new SSID and assign a specific Access point? Please note that the general SSID should also be active for the Access Point

Options
2021-01-05 01:01:10 - last edited 2022-09-08 08:33:06

Dear @cTsitouridis,

How can I create a new SSID and assign a specific Access point? Please note that the general SSID should also be active for the Access Point

Refer to this FAQ.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 5357

Replies: 3