New EAP server. How to use old configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-20 11:25:43 - last edited 2019-11-21 08:42:27
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,
We have two EAP 245.

EAP controller v2.5.1
We have changed the equipment that had the management software installed by failure. Installing the same software on the new computer does not give me the option of managing existing networks and asks me to create a new network and to adopt APs again.

What do I have to do to manage existing networks again? Will the management of existing wifis networks be available again when adopting APs?

It is not possible to recover any files from the previous computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola,
Disponemos de dos EAP 245.

EAP controller v2.5.1
Hemos cambiado el equipo que tenía el software de gestión instalado por avería. Al instalar el mismo software en el nuevo equipo no me da la opción de gestionar las redes ya existentes y me pide que cree una nueva red y que vuelva a adoptar los APs.

¿Qué tengo que hacer para poder gestionar nuevamente las redes existentes? ¿Al adoptar los APs volveré a tener disponible la gestión de las redes wifis existentes?

No es posible recuperar ningún archivo del equipo anterior.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New EAP server. How to use old configuration-Solution
2019-11-20 16:30:01 - last edited 2019-11-21 08:42:27

aratz wrote

If someone knows how to 'dump' the configuration with which the APs are currently working on the controller, it would be great. If not, I suppose I will have to take the service down and reconfigure it.

Hola @aratz (that's the only word I know in spanish :-)

there is no way to dump the settings of the EAPs and reconstruct it as a controller setup. You could only copy an existing controller database or a backup to a new controller. Backups are most important, always create a backup at least after any change of the controller's settings.

@Mitya, if the controller is deleted, EAPs will still work with their last setup (except for functions requiring the controller). When being discovered in a new controller, they will appear as »Managed by others«.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:New EAP server. How to use old configuration
2019-11-20 12:28:06 - last edited 2019-11-20 12:47:26

@aratz 

Ha, it is an interesting situation, which I've never met before. How many APs do you have? For sure you can just reset your APs by reset button and use it again.

When you delete your EAP Controller, APs will be in Standalone mode and I do not know, but password is changed and I do not know, what password it is. I checked, and it is not a password of my controller.

Update. I rechecked. The password is from Device Account. If you remember, that here it is. If you didn't configure it, then it is randomized by controller, so you need to reset it by button.

Options
2019-11-20 12:45:53 - last edited 2019-11-20 12:46:08

@Mitya 2 APs 245.

Thanks for your answer.

I will wait in case some other person has the same thing happened, and if not, I suppose I will have to redopt the APs in the controller and reconfigure the existing networks.

Regards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gracias por tu respuesta.

Esperaré por si a alguna otra persona le ha ocurrido lo mismo, y si no, supongo que tendré que readoptar los APs en el controller y reconfigurar las redes existentes.

Saludos.

Options
2019-11-20 12:48:01

@aratz 

I updated my message above. Please, check.

Options
2019-11-20 13:06:25

@aratz

My problem is that the networks that the APs are broadcasting do not appear in the management software. I can't edit the current networks, hide them or show them since it was information is not accessible.

I fear that if I redopt the APs, the configuration that I have been forced to create when installing the management software on the new computer will erase the previous one. Unfortunately, the backup I have is outdated and I would have to reconfigure a good part of the networks.

If someone knows how to 'dump' the configuration with which the APs are currently working on the controller, it would be great. If not, I suppose I will have to take the service down and reconfigure it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mi problema es que en el software de gestión no aparecen las redes que los APs están emitiendo. No puedo editar las redes actuales, ocultarlas o mostrarlas puesto que era información no es accesible.

Temo que si readopto los APs, la configuración que me he visto obligado a crear al instalar el software de gestión en el nuevo equipo borre la anterior. Por desgracia la copia de seguridad que tengo está desactualizada y tendría que volver a configurar buena parte de las redes.

Si alguien sabe como 'volcar' la configuración con la que los APs están trabajando actualmente al controlador, sería genial. Si no, supongo que tendré que echar el servicio abajo y reconfigurarlo.

P.D.: I write it in Spanish in case any Spanish speaker has the same problem and does not know the language of Shakespeare.

Options
Re:New EAP server. How to use old configuration-Solution
2019-11-20 16:30:01 - last edited 2019-11-21 08:42:27

aratz wrote

Hola @aratz (that's the only word I know in spanish :-)

there is no way to dump the settings of the EAPs and reconstruct it as a controller setup. You could only copy an existing controller database or a backup to a new controller. Backups are most important, always create a backup at least after any change of the controller's settings.

@Mitya, if the controller is deleted, EAPs will still work with their last setup (except for functions requiring the controller). When being discovered in a new controller, they will appear as »Managed by others«.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-21 08:42:21

@R1D2 

Thank you.

--------------------------

Gracias.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0