Load balancing constantly turning off one of the wans.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-25 13:57:48 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:42:39
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.0.2

I work as an I.T at a school and recently we bought a load balance to use two separete wans to keep the internet on at all times, the problem started as soon as I turned on the device because the IP used by tp-link was the same as the one used on the moldem 1, after changing the Ip to the load balance I could finally connect everything, but after all the instalation I did some tests on the network and I could check that My connection kept changing from 80 Mb (that is the result if everything worked out) and 35Mb ( that is the connection with only the Wan 2....

I already changed the Ip and dns to the wan 1 and also tested as Dynamic Ip, and nothing... I am out of Ideas because I teste the connection with the moldem 1 directly to the computer and it works just fine, but as soon as I connect to the load balance it just dont work....

Wan 1 is a 140Mb.

Wan 2 is a 50Mb.

Could it be because the Router cant support a connection with more than 100 Mb?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Load balancing constantly turning off one of the wans.
2019-11-26 05:27:58 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:42:39

@Filipe_I.T Do you tick "enable load balance" ? If you combine this tick with failover setting, highly likely it will shut down backup wan if primay wan useable.

Options
Re:Load balancing constantly turning off one of the wans.
2019-11-26 06:43:57 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:42:39

@Filipe_I.T 

First of all, this router has 100Mbps ports, so answer for one of your questions is "No, it doesn't support speed more then 100M on one port".

It also depends on your connection type and hardware version. E.g. old v1 doesn't support 90+ for L2TP/PPTP/PPPoE.

Also, try to check your speed with only one WAN active, try to disconnect other WAN. Also, be ready, that speedtest often doesn't show correct speed via several NATs, try to really download something. If you have 2 WANs I advise you to download torrents, so you have a lot of download streams and you can check sum of both your connections.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1490

Replies: 2

Related Articles