Votes

Centralized or Combined controller/server for Omada and Pharos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-11 16:31:38

Hope there will be one eco system management for Omada and Pharos devices.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Centralized or Combined controller/server for Omada and Pharos
2020-04-26 17:11:17 - last edited 2020-04-26 22:01:37

@Heujenthro I 2nd that!!!!! This is the ONLY reason I am still using Ubitiqi hardware..... If TPLink really wants to make other users come over here just like me and want to switch over to TPLink....make all your devices...routers, switches, AP's and radios all work in the TPLink OC200 or software in a ECO system and have great SUPPORT.  That would be killer and I could bring many new buyers over here for sure!!!!!

Options
2020-05-05 06:52:12

@Doc2485 TP-LINK is about to launch Omada SDN, which is a centralized control system including router, switch and AP. However, the system does not support centralized control of pharos devices.

Options
2020-05-05 07:18:27

@Penry.huang Awesome. Is there a date of release so we can try it?

Options
2020-06-30 16:19:00

@Heujenthro : I also have such requyirement, because i want to introduce some wifi bridges in our network as well as APs with directional antennas. Maybe the SDN controller can consider it as a potential requirement, especially for the latter deployment scene.

Options
2020-11-29 03:36:13

@Heujenthro Its hard to believe it didn't happen yet. I fully agree this feature is needed desparately!

Options
2022-02-07 04:16:42

Doc2485 wrote

@Heujenthro I 2nd that!!!!! This is the ONLY reason I am still using Ubitiqi hardware..... If TPLink really wants to make other users come over here just like me and want to switch over to TPLink....make all your devices...routers, switches, AP's and radios all work in the TPLink OC200 or software in a ECO system and have great SUPPORT.  That would be killer and I could bring many new buyers over here for sure!!!!!

@Doc2485 

Man I couldn't agree more. Ubiquti are driving me insane with this oblivious approach. I will ditch them the second another provider allows me to put a P2P wifi system, into the same management platform as a ceiling mounted WAP, switch and router.

Options
2022-02-07 04:17:49

Penry.huang wrote

@Doc2485 TP-LINK is about to launch Omada SDN, which is a centralized control system including router, switch and AP. However, the system does not support centralized control of pharos devices.

@Penry.huang 

Huge missed opportunity. Don't be a sheep TPlink.

Options
2022-07-02 05:25:07

I would also like to see one system to manage both Omada nad PharOS devices. Any chance we can get it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3588

Replies: 8

Voters 3