Autonegotiation problem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Autonegotiation problem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Autonegotiation problem?
Autonegotiation problem?
2020-01-12 12:50:54 - last edited 2020-01-21 09:56:52
Model: TL-SF1008D  
Hardware Version: V11
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Is there any known problem about auto-negotiation with devices that are advertising only 10Mbps Full/Half while under multicast traffic?

Connecting such a device (10Mbps Full/Half) to an SF-1008D, the switch continously loops on/off its port (~2 seconds interval), without ever establishing a link. 

I noticed the following:

1. If there is nothing else connected to the SF-1008D, or no multicast traffic present, and I plug the 10M Full/Half device, the SF-1008D establishes link OK.

2. If there is already multicast traffic (~5Mbps) entering the SF-1008D, and then I plug the 10M Full/Half device, the SF-1008D never establishes a link, and goes into the loop behaviour.

3. While in this loop condition, if I stop the multicast traffic, the loop stops also, and the SF-1008D establishes a link with the 10M Full/Half device.

This does not happen when I force the same device to advertise 10/100 Full/Half. It happens only when it advertises 10M Full/Half.

Tried also with an older SF-1008D V.8 device, but I got the exact same behaviour.

When I try the 10M Full/Half device with a Mikrotik device (RB750) or Cisco switch (C2924XL), everything works fine. 

This does not make any sense to me, and I wish you can give me a solution, because it is a pitty spending x4 the money for an advanced switch while we don't need any advanced feature there. You can e-mail me if you need any debugging / detailed info.

Thank you in advance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 0

Related Articles