Omada hotspot manager

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada hotspot manager

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada hotspot manager
Omada hotspot manager
2020-01-22 09:18:45
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is there a way to improve the hotspot manager in the following:

1)  Under Guest, able to add column " Notes" and "Duration" that is able to be search.

Use case: when you are having multiple tenant using the same site, we are able to identify based on the field note. For duration, we are able to identify if what is the duration of the voucher. When user used the voucher, we dont know how much duration being used on that voucher code.

2) When creating voucher, we are able to customize if how many vouchers to be created instead of getting a fix of 10. Also add a column to identify who created the voucher. 

3) In operator, password need to be hide

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada hotspot manager
2020-01-23 00:40:34

@Wifi-freak 

Thank you for your feedback. For your suggestion, here are some of my opinions. 

1)  Under Guest, able to add column " Notes" and "Duration" that is able to be searched.

Please refer to the following photo. We can know the duration from the Status column. 

2) When creating voucher, we are able to customize if how many vouchers to be created instead of getting a fix of 10. Also add a column to identify who created the voucher. 

When we create the voucher codes, we can define the amount of the code. You can create 1-500 codes at one time. For the identifier, we may not add it now. Can you tell us why you want such feature on the Controller?

3) In operator, password need to be hide

For this suggestion, we are still not sure about it. May be you can tell us more details about it. 

Options
2020-01-27 07:21:39

@forrest 

What im looking for the point #1 is the "Note" field in Guest tab. undersood that there is a duration . The scenario is that im distributing the voucher to multiple tenant who will be working as front end to their customer.  Inorder to trace which tenant i gave the # of voucher and used, the note field (my guest )is the only thing i can trace it.

Point #3, 

Instead the password is clear text, it has an option to hide the password.

Options
2020-02-08 15:30:36

@forrest 

Hi forrest,

Its the same thing the I was suggest back then regarding that in creating a Voucher can you give us 1-2 digit that we can customize as prefix or suffix to the automated voucher numbers. It can help us alot in identifying where, when or the duration of the voucher with just a single viewing and help with the search function in the guest tab.

Like Prefix: Distributor code + Duration code + 4 automated voucher numbers = A1 + 1234 = A11234. So this means I sold it to distributer A as 1hr voucher ticket in a single glance. And with this we can search the guest tab for A1 so that we can view all sold 1hr vouchers of distributor A or something like that.

Hope I made it clear.

And for password, just have a check box of show password so that we can't accidentally show the passwords to other people and can be disable on some accounts? 

Regards!

Options
2020-02-10 02:07:27

@JessieG 

Thank you for your feedback.

We may not change this in the recent version of Controller, but I will add this to our suggestion list. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2547

Replies: 4

Related Articles