Screen time in Deco M9 not functional - design flaw

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 16:36:38 - last edited 2020-07-06 06:09:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Guys,

I don't like the fact I didn't know before buying this set but the parental controls are flawed.

The screen time records all background processes on the devices so screen time is up not measuring real device or app usage.

This brings arguments with the kids and it should not be the case to have to extend their usage limit every day manually.

I would like to see a feature that let's you select processes in the list of recorded time and have a checkbox to disable some for being meaured in the total screen time.

Other strange thing is that on a tablet without facebook installed or visited via browser, it still measures 3 hours of facebook time. Must be really hidden android process or a flaw in monitoring.

Can you ask the engineers to expand the possibilities of the screen time registration? I am sure you'll have a massive succes with it as screen time is the biggest thing in parenting at the moment.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Screen time in Deco M9 not functional - design flaw
2020-06-15 20:59:50 - last edited 2020-07-06 06:09:22
I fully agree. The one thing you don’t want as a parent is having discussions with your kids on whether they spent their time or not - and having a flawed system doesn’t support the family harmony at all 😉 Please provide a way to ignore background processes like iCloud, etc. in registering time limits. If you need a specific scenario in understanding a parent’s needs, please contact me, I’m happy to help. Best regards, Dirk
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 449

Replies: 1