Votes

MFA / 2FA for Omada Cloud

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Request - Please add two factor authentication to the omada cloud managment. . Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

MFA / 2FA for Omada Cloud

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Request - Please add two factor authentication to the omada cloud managment. . Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
54 Reply
Re:MFA / 2FA for Omada Cloud
2021-04-08 14:53:34 - last edited 2021-04-08 14:54:14

@WirelessForEver Nice review of the system.

tp-link Omada - Complete Overview

Options
2021-04-13 11:32:06

Hi All,

Thank you for your valued feedback!

WirelessForEver wrote

Is MFA / 2FA functionality on the roadmap for the OC200 / software controller and the cloud remote managemnt?

A similar setup to how Ubiquiti does it would be great! (via an authenticator app or WebAuthN).

To verify, would you like to have 2FA for Omada Cloud management, or would you also like to have 2FA for Omada local management?

From my understanding here, it's required for Omada Cloud, and it's okay for no 2FA for local management.

If I got it wrong, please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your attention!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-13 13:04:54

@Fae From my point of view, Omada Cloud is a requirement. Any cloud offering needs MFA/2FA to provide an extra layer of security. Ubiquiti was compromised because they got the passwords. MFA/2FA would have made the compromise much more difficult. Nice if it was on the local controller as well, but not a much since I don't have to turn on the remote management and can make it so I can only get to it by VPN into the network.

Options
2021-04-13 21:25:14

@Fae 

Fae wrote

Hi All,

WirelessForEver wrote

Is MFA / 2FA functionality on the roadmap for the OC200 / software controller and the cloud remote managemnt?

A similar setup to how Ubiquiti does it would be great! (via an authenticator app or WebAuthN).

To verify, would you like to have 2FA for Omada Cloud management, or would you also like to have 2FA for Omada local management?

From my understanding here, it's required for Omada Cloud, and it's okay for no 2FA for local management.

If I got it wrong, please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your attention!

Thanks for asking @Fae. From my perspective and requirements, it would be both local and cloud.  Industry best pratices reccomend managment infrasctrucure on-prem and cloud must be protected by MFA.

Options
2021-04-30 14:10:18

Fae wrote

Hi All,

WirelessForEver wrote

@Fae 

Hi there,

If possible, do it for both, but with an individual checkbox (Cloud 2FA and Local 2FA), so each user can choose where to use it. Seems doable?

Thanks

Options
2021-05-21 12:55:00

@WirelessForEver Been busy but getting this to the top. I have read somewhere, still trying to find it, that supposedly, v5 of the software will include 2FA/MFA

Options
2021-05-21 20:08:24

This is great news!

Options
2021-05-24 19:20:20

@WirelessForEver found the teaser message at the end of this posting.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/251256

Options
2021-06-30 14:18:07

@WirelessForEver Time for a post bump to make sure we finally get MFA.

Options
2021-07-01 00:16:00

@Merryworks 

Thanks for the monthly bump! Hope all is well!

Options