Wireless scheduling by frequency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 17:15:15 - last edited 2020-07-01 10:00:59
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: n/a

I recently replaced a 1 month old Netgear AX device because the WIFI scheduler simply DID NOT work.  Research indicates this has been problematic for Netgear for at least 6 years running.  (this feature WAS the reason I bought the router).    The Netgear engineers repeatedly misunderstood the issue to be "parental controls" in their responses to consumer questions.   

In addition to not working at all; even though the network time was correctly set; the device seemed to "think" it turned off the wifi on a schedule that was 4 hours ahead of my time zone (which would have made it the CUT "0").    Then there were other issues.   A few nights ago, I just had enough of fighting with the darn thing and turned the thing off.  

As a result,  I purchased the AX50 and am happy to see that 1) it allows reboots on a schedule (something I wanted) and 2) the wifi scheduler works (sort of).  Doing some research, I learned that "you cannot cross days"; it only works on the same day.   That's ok, I just wish I had known up front.    I can work with this too, but *why isn't this in the documentation?*   

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say:  I buy products for specific reasons, and when those promises aren't really true, I feel cheated.  It appears that the technology exists to seperate the two radio bands in wifi scheduling.  (Netgear offers it specifically, although in my case it didn't work properly).   That tells me the technology exists.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.  If it can't be done; then be honest; (it may not be possible for various limiting reasons).  But if it can be done; I think it should be done.   And with regard to the wifi scheduling, I think it should be documented (WITHIN THE FIRMWARE) that the wifi scheduler will not work properly if the time crosses the 00:00 hour.      

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 0

Related Articles