WIFI Roaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WIFI Roaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:WIFI Roaming
2020-06-30 06:27:07

Hi@JSchnee21,

Apologies for not responding earlier I did the changes as you had suggested and have being monitoring the Network for sometime. in the case where I ping -t from the Fixed Lan to the TP-Link Archer C9 I get a steady response time of 1ms however when I run the same command through the AP Network I get higher response times as high as 1657ms after every 10th ping.

All APPs are set up as suggested and this also happening even when the office is empty.

Options
2020-06-30 07:49:11 - last edited 2020-06-30 07:51:23

RH_Fiji wrote

in the case where I ping -t from the Fixed Lan to the TP-Link Archer C9 I get a steady response time of 1ms however when I run the same command through the AP Network I get higher response times as high as 1657ms after every 10th ping.

A high latency is not unusual on a shared half-duplex medium such as a wireless network. APs and clients compete for AirTime, this causes high latency if the channel is in use and the result are casual high ping times. It won't affect throughput, just latency. To reduce latency you can:

• disable the WLAN on the Archer,
  • choose non-overlapping channels,
  • disable unused WiFi modes such as 802.11b/g/a if your clients support more modern WiFi modes 802.11n/ac,
  • reduce the number of SSIDs if you have Multi-SSIDs.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-07-14 06:34:32

Hi@JSchnee21,

Have been doing some changes to the the Archer has been replaced by a Fortigate 50e with the Wireless Network coverage provided by 4 TP-Link EAP115s, again I am looking at making the WIFI network perfect any other pointers that will ensure the following -

SSID and WIFI roamig all AP's will have the same SSID, same password, Channel Width set to 20Mhz and each APP using a different Channel, can anything else be done to ensure peak network optimization.

Options
Related Articles