Omada SDN Hardware Compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada SDN Hardware Compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
91 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Hardware support
2020-12-02 23:30:30

@Fae 

I am guessing that anything lower hardware version wise will not be supported with the new firmware 

T1600G-52TS 1.0 is the one I have, so just wanted to double check.

Thanks

Options
2020-12-03 00:39:10

Dear @Dustiebin,

I am guessing that anything lower hardware version wise will not be supported with the new firmware 

T1600G-52TS 1.0 is the one I have, so just wanted to double check.

Yes, you are correct. The lower hardware version T1600G-52TS 1.0 won't support Omada SDN.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-04 14:07:22

jabolfh wrote

@nojak Thanks yeah I downloaded and installed the new controller and it didn't recognize the T1500G-10mps. I was kinda disappointed since the manual for Omada SDN showed it should here: https://static.tp-link.com/Omada%20Controller%20Upgrade%20Guide_20200615.pdf

I guess it makes sense for TP-link not to support the T1500G-10MPS since the TL-SG2210MP is pretty similar. Just kinda disappointed I have to go return the T1500G-10MPS and wait for the new one to be released.

Thanks

it's interresting here to see the TL-ER6120 v3.0  as connected....there was mention that this model was not planned into firmware release to be managed by SDN controller.

Does anyone got success to manage a 6120 router from SDN controller ?

Options
2020-12-04 14:09:33
I don't understand why T1600 series are compatible but not the T2600 ones.
Options
2020-12-04 14:26:38

R1D2 wrote

Hi JSchnee21,

IMO the symbol on the left is a stylish user with a WiFi radio built into his brain. 

As for the green symbol and the »na« label I have no idea. Maybe guest/user indicator? Portal authorized? I guess we have to wait for the User's Guide to find out.

It would also be nice to be able to make the columns more compact.  E.g. auto width, font size, etc.  Currently with the scroll bar all the way at the bottom, and very wide column widths, it's difficult to move around with 50-100 or so clients.

Definitely. Fixed table size is something which bothered me since controller version 2.x and it was the reason I made an alternative web UI layout for V2.7 years ago. But next version changed CSS element names, so the alternative style quickly became obsolete.

If the web designers would let the browser decide how to format table cells, listings could look much better on small screens (e.g. 13"/15" laptops). I guess they all have 54" screens on their desks nowadays.

See also this post here, I did a quick test with modified CSS in the browser to demostrate this.

Maybe we could create a browser style sheet which overrides certain settings in the web UI, but since this is really much work and one cannot be sure that CSS element names change in next version, it would be better if TP-Link could improve the table layout in the sources. It would just require to remove fixed-width styles and add the nowrap attribute for white-space handling inside table cells.

Tables are well-suited for tabular data, but if a fixed cell size is used, the table layout becomes dependend on screen dimensions and resolutions.

For example, look at this page:

Oops. Clearly a nowrap attribute is missing in the headers. There also is too much unused white space in the table. A browser could optimize this easily for the actual screen if formatting would be left to the browser.

@R1D2 the green symbol means the client device is in power save state,

according with the advanced setting from the EAP

Options
2020-12-18 08:14:24

@Pascal 

Hi Pascal,

this could not be the Power Save Icon wink

Regards

Jörg

Options
Re:Omada SDN Hardware Compatibility
2020-12-23 06:35:40

Is the T1500G-8T(UN) 2.0 sold in the US. The devices listed on the online retailers aren't clear about the version.

Thanks

Options
2020-12-30 13:32:18

@Fae Just bought a 2210P, and ended up with the 3.0 variant.

Can you give us an update on the status of SDN supported firmwares?

Can we expect SDN compatible FW anytime soon, or should i pursue a replacement?

Options
2021-01-15 16:40:09

Fae wrote

Hi All,

The SDN firmware has been released for the following switches:

[...]

T1500G-8T(UN) 2.0

[...]

For new Omada products, please check the Omada SDN Compatibility List for details. Thank you so much for your support!

@Fae Thanks for your information!

Could you help with figuring out which model exactly is meant by this T1500G-8T switch?

When I search the TP website, I find this one:

https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/download/tl-sg2008/v2/

This has at least the "T1500G-8T" contained and also "v2", but for this model there is no firmware update available.

I also find this one:

https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/download/t1500g-8t/

For this model there is a firmware update available.

Are those models the same?

Which one should I buy for management with SDN?

It is a pita very difficult to find the correct hardware versions online.

Often the model numbers do not match the descriptions. I don't know how many times I found a

For example: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/6481722_-jetstream-8-port-gigabit-switch-t1500g-8t-tp-link.html

A lot of those switches are labeled "T1500G-8T(TL-SG2008)" and should be PoE powered.

I think this combination does not really exist.

Thanks,

Ben

Options
2021-01-26 08:29:45

Dear @BenHH,

Could you help with figuring out which model exactly is meant by this T1500G-8T switch?

When I search the TP website, I find this one:

https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/download/tl-sg2008/v2/

This has at least the "T1500G-8T" contained and also "v2", but for this model there is no firmware update available.

Actually, there is no TL-SG2008 V2 available, the website information is wrong and I've reported it to the administration to correct it.

If the switch is labeled with "T1500G-8T(TL-SG2008) V2", then it's T1500G-8T V2, we can upgrade the firmware to support SDN.

The online website may not tell the hardware version of T1500G-8T, perhaps you can try to confirm it with the salesman online.

In addition, there is TL-SG2008 V3 only, which can be taken as a replacement for T1500G-8T V2, and it's compatible with Omada SDN from birth, so if it is TL-SG2008 V3, the product description should claim that the switch supports Omada SDN and you don't need to check the hardware version to confirm it.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Related Articles