Tplink EAP225 outdoor dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-01 13:34:47 - last edited 2020-07-03 04:11:02

Hi all

Hoping you can help. I've just bought an EAP225 oputdoor access point, ran through the setup instructions and, as I'm attempting to set up the controllers via the omada app, I find that it keeps dropping it's connection. Sometimes this will return, only to dissappear once more, occassionally it doesn't return unless I disconnect the whole thing. As I say, this is brand new, out of the box. Also, I'm a bit of a nood at this, so go easy, please?

Thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tplink EAP225 outdoor dropping connection
2020-07-03 10:20:08

@Ulalume1 

Hoping you can help. I've just bought an EAP225 oputdoor access point, ran through the setup instructions and, as I'm attempting to set up the controllers via the omada app, I find that it keeps dropping it's connection.  

If I didn't get it wrong, you are trying to set up the EAP225-Outdoor via Omada App, correct? 

Please watch the Setup Video <How to set up a TP-Link EAP via your mobile phone> and see if it helps.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/eap225-outdoor/#video

Note that the EAP225-Outdoor is an access point, it is required to hardwire to the DHCP Server (usually a Router) for the Internet connection.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-12 07:26:23

@Fae 

Thanks Fae. 

As it turns out, after much fiddling about, it was the cat6 cable. The connections were wired in seperate formats, beleive it or not. 

All sorted now :)

Options
2020-07-13 02:18:52

@Ulalume1 

Glad to hear that your concern was resolved. Enjoy the internet with the Omada EAP!

Ulalume1 wrote

@Fae 

Thanks Fae. 

As it turns out, after much fiddling about, it was the cat6 cable. The connections were wired in seperate formats, beleive it or not. 

All sorted now :)

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1415

Replies: 3

Related Articles