Why use the guest network in advertisements / manuals since it doesn't work?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-01 21:32:30 - last edited 2020-07-31 02:16:40
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: EAP110(US)_V4_3.5.0 Build 20200113

I released this mode to customers for several weeks until I realized they had access to my entire network.

I put it at risk, by activating her in omada says: 'With Guest Network enabled, guest network will block clients from reaching any private IP subnet. ", On the website https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/omada-sdn-access-point/eap110/ says "Secure Guest Network: Along with multiple authentication options (SMS / Facebook Wi-Fi / Voucher, etc.) and abundant wireless security technologies.".

People and companies can be harmed by this wrong information. Unfortunately TP-LINK guest network mode is useless.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why use the guest network in advertisements / manuals since it doesn't work?
2020-08-01 11:55:39

@Gabrieltga 

Gabrieltga wrote

I released this mode to customers for several weeks until I realized they had access to my entire network.

I put it at risk, by activating her in omada says: 'With Guest Network enabled, guest network will block clients from reaching any private IP subnet. ",

I don't think posting such info makes sense. Perhaps it's not configured in a correct way. If you have some doubt in one feature on the product, why not taking some pictures to describe the issue in details and what you have done? I'm also new in this community, but I always learn much from other topics, also find that screenshots are definitely the best way to communicate what is going on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 1

Related Articles