Bug SDN Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bug SDN Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bug SDN Controller
Bug SDN Controller
2020-07-06 13:23:16

Hello TP-LINK

I Install the new SDN controller on a windows computer and I discovered quite quickly a few buggs.

SSID Override dont work, and MESH on EAP245 was not an option anymore, I have used beta software with mesh on EAP245v3 since February with no problem al all.

I updated the software on access point, to the latest one.

unfortunately I had to roll back to the old OMADA controller.

/shberge

Options
10 Reply
Re:Bug SDN Controller
2020-07-06 17:17:15
I do som more test and I have to recreate site from scratch. SSID override work now. cloud access dont work yet, this is message from tp-link cloud {"errorCode":-51009,"msg":"Failed to connect to the controller because the controller version is invalid."}
Options
2020-07-07 03:24:42

@shberge 

I Install the new SDN controller on a windows computer and I discovered quite quickly a few buggs.

SSID Override dont work, and MESH on EAP245 was not an option anymore, I have used beta software with mesh on EAP245v3 since February with no problem al all. 

I updated the software on access point, to the latest one.

unfortunately I had to roll back to the old OMADA controller.

Hi Shberge,

The beta software with mesh on EAPv3 is not applied to the SDN controller, so it's normal that there is no mesh option on EAP245v3.

Regard with SSID Override issue, more detailed info would be much appreciated.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-07 03:30:24

@shberge 

I do som more test and I have to recreate site from scratch. SSID override work now. cloud access dont work yet, this is message from tp-link cloud {"errorCode":-51009,"msg":"Failed to connect to the controller because the controller version is invalid."}

From the error message, the EAP failed to connect to Omada Controller because the current firmware of the EAP is applied to SDN Controller.

To work with Omada Controller, you may need to rollback the EAP firmware to the previous one.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-07 05:59:54 - last edited 2020-07-07 13:13:07

@Fae ABouy override Issue

I install a software controller on windows 10 and restored backup from OC200 with 3.2.12 sw

SSID override was ther but I dont work. I do many change but i coud no save, so I have to delete site and recreate site from scratc then all ok.

about mesh to EAP245 when are a beta redy for tesing?

Options
2020-07-08 09:56:31

@Fae Is there any way to see offline client only in the new SDN Controller?

Options
2020-07-09 10:22:47

@shberge 

I install a software controller on windows 10 and restored backup from OC200 with 3.2.12 sw

SSID override was ther but I dont work. I do many change but i coud no save, so I have to delete site and recreate site from scratc then all ok.

about mesh to EAP245 when are a beta redy for tesing?

We didn't reproduce the issue you mentioned about SSID override. After restoring the backup file, we can do the change and save it properly, the only thing we notice is that the SDN controller would take a bit longer time to push the change to the EAP, so we wait a period of time to get the change take effect.

As for the mesh to EAP245v3, there will be an official firmware released soon (perhaps next month, or this month if smoothly).

Options
2020-07-09 10:24:31

@shberge 

@Fae Is there any way to see offline client only in the new SDN Controller?

Sorry that I didn't get your point, what do you mean to see offline client only in the new SDN Controller?

Could you provide some background and describe the demand in detail?

Options
2020-07-09 10:50:19

@Fae Old controller have this option, wery useful to investigate dropped out client

Options
2020-07-09 10:52:45 - last edited 2020-07-09 12:49:04

Ok, I have to migrate again when OC200 is ready for SDN so bether luch next time with SSID Override :-)

Options
2020-07-10 03:41:11

@shberge 

@Fae Old controller have this option, wery useful to investigate dropped out client

Thank you for the picture posted, I’ve written it down, will forward this feedback to the related department who will evaluate it.

Options