EAP225-Wall units not detected by OC200 when connected via EAP225-Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-06 20:13:26
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a rural property setup with the following setup

Modem [wired] eap225 outdoor [wired] oc200: Branch 1: [wifi] eap225outdoor [wired] - tp-link 802.af PoE switch - [wired]  2x EAP225 wall.

Branch 2: [wifi] eap225 outdoor [wired] d-link poe switch- [wired] eap225 ceiling ap

Branch 3: [wifi] eap225 outdoor [ethernet over power] eap225 ceiling ap

The wall eap225s in branch 1 do not seem to be connecting to the OC200 when plugged into the same switch as the EAP225 that is connected to the mesh network. (accessed with iOS device)

When I take them to the structure in branch 2 and connect them to the dlink switch, I can adopt them with the desktop webbrowser. I then brought them over back to branch 1 and plugged in... where they were not detected. After resetting one of them and (and removing the eap225 outdoor from the switch, replacing it by a seperate lte modem), the iOS app now detects both eap225 wall units under the standalone ap section, and correctly detects that the eap225 wall that was not reset as being controlled by the oc200 (but not visible when looking at the oc200 via cloud).

I'm struggling to find what the source of the issue could be in this instance. Any advice? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225-Wall units not detected by OC200 when connected via EAP225-Outdoor
2020-07-07 07:35:15

@Chris.A.G 

Hi,

Did you successfully adopt the EAP225 wall from the OC200 controller? In other words, is the EAP225-wall showing as Connected on the controller page when looking at the OC200 in the local network? What's the current firmware version of the EAP225-outdoor and EAP225 wall units installing in Branch 1?

If possible, could you upload some pictures to show the issue?

the iOS app now detects both eap225 wall units under the standalone ap section, and correctly detects that the eap225 wall that was not reset as being controlled by the oc200 (but not visible when looking at the oc200 via cloud).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP225-Wall units not detected by OC200 when connected via EAP225-Outdoor
2020-07-13 21:14:45

@Fae 

The EAP225 wall units were successfully adopted when on Branch 2 (to test). When brought over to the appropriate branch, the app showed that they were providisioned in the app, but were not connecting to the network... ultimately it was the EAP225 outdoor that was not feeding the internet, through the switch, to the wall units. 

Subsequent to this, I moved one of the eap-225 ceiling mount units over the branch 1 just to see what happens - when doing this, it wireless connects to the eap225 outdoor and feeds internet via the switch to the eap225 wall units. Removing the ceiling unit cuts the connection again. 

Interestingly, the eap225 outdoor is powered by the poe switch so the connection to that unit is live... just seems that the data is not running down the line. At this point, I suspect the cat cable termination is faulty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1041

Replies: 2