Omada Controller on Windows Server - Hilfe Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-09 06:16:05 - last edited 2020-08-06 10:10:49

Hello at all,

first sorry for bad english :-(

i hope anyone can help me:

i upgrade from Omada EAP Controller Software to Omada SDN Controller now i have a few problems:

1. How can i start Omad Controller as a service, the howto for V3 does not work anymore?

2. On Android App v2.1.7 i can see my Controller under Cloud but i failed to connect. On local i can not find the Controller under Auto ( see Question 3)
3. Wicht Ports or Programs i need to open in the Firewall

Hallo Zusammen,

ich habe auf meinem Windows Server nun auch den SDN Controller in Version 4.1.5 installiert. habe aber habe einige kleine Probleme:

1. Wie kann ich den neuen Controller wieder als Dienst installieren, die anleitung für Version 3 funktiniert leider nicht mehr

2. Ich kann in der Android App v2.1.7 nicht auf den Controller zugreifen

3. Welche Ports oder Programme müssen in der Firewall freigegeben werden

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Controller on Windows Server - Hilfe Help-Solution
2020-07-10 06:25:20 - last edited 2020-08-06 10:10:49

@rabbit6984 

i upgrade from Omada EAP Controller Software to Omada SDN Controller now i have a few problems:

1. How can i start Omad Controller as a service, the howto for V3 does not work anymore?

2. On Android App v2.1.7 i can see my Controller under Cloud but i failed to connect. On local i can not find the Controller under Auto ( see Question 3)

Hi,

1. please read the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide to install the Omada SDN controller.

Update: How to Configure Omada Controller as a Windows Service(above Controller 4.1.5) )

2. The Android Omada App 2.1.7 doesn't support SDN Controller yet, please pay close attention to the update for the Android Omada App, it should be version 3.0.x.

Update: the Omada App 3.0.10 has already released, please check the version of your Omada App if you failed to connect your SDN Controller. 

3. TCP/UDP 29810–29813. This post would show you more info about which ports the Omada Controller use.

Best Regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Omada Controller on Windows Server - Hilfe Help-Solution
2020-07-10 06:25:20 - last edited 2020-08-06 10:10:49

@rabbit6984 

Hi,

1. please read the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide to install the Omada SDN controller.

Update: How to Configure Omada Controller as a Windows Service(above Controller 4.1.5) )

2. The Android Omada App 2.1.7 doesn't support SDN Controller yet, please pay close attention to the update for the Android Omada App, it should be version 3.0.x.

Update: the Omada App 3.0.10 has already released, please check the version of your Omada App if you failed to connect your SDN Controller. 

3. TCP/UDP 29810–29813. This post would show you more info about which ports the Omada Controller use.

Best Regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada Controller on Windows Server - Hilfe Help
2020-07-10 06:41:22

@Fae 

Hi,

thanks for your Answer.

1. In the Upgrad Guide is no discription about to install the Omada Controller to run as a Windows Service. The HowTo (here https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2273/) from V3 does not work anymore for v4.

V4: when i restart my windows server i need to login with admin start Omada Controller an lock screen thats not very useablility :-) and the FAQ above doesen`t work for V4

V3: install the omada controller, and then i install it to start automaticly as a windows service, so every restart my controller starts by himself ;-) 

2.There is no Update in Playstore :-(, everyone know when it is available?

3. Thanks 

Options
2020-07-10 10:13:47 - last edited 2020-07-10 10:14:53

@rabbit6984 

1. In the Upgrad Guide is no discription about to install the Omada Controller to run as a Windows Service. The HowTo (here https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2273/) from V3 does not work anymore for v4.

V4: when i restart my windows server i need to login with admin start Omada Controller an lock screen thats not very useablility :-) and the FAQ above doesen`t work for V4

V3: install the omada controller, and then i install it to start automaticly as a windows service, so every restart my controller starts by himself ;-) 

2.There is no Update in Playstore :-(, everyone know when it is available?

3. Thanks 

1. Thank you for the feedback. I've written it down and will forward this feedback to the related department who will evaluate it.

2. Regard with the Android App for SDN Controller, here is the apk download link for you.

Looking forward to your feedback on the Android Omada App 3.0.10.

3. My pleasure:)

Options
2020-07-14 12:25:20

@Fae 

Hi Thanks for your help.

1. Thank you for forwarding. What du you think the howto will updated that i can start the controller as a windows service?

The actualy starting manuel is nod a usefull case ;-)

2. Thanks the app work fine

3. ;-) thank you and sorry for bad english

Options
2020-08-04 09:22:13

@rabbit6984 

Hello

can everyone say how can i start the sdn controller as a windows service.

The support don`t answer on my ticket :-( and in the forum nothing is happend on my last replay.

kind regards from germany

Options
2020-08-05 00:29:27

Dear rabbit6984 

The guide has been pushed on the official website, please follow the link below to get it.

How to Configure Omada Controller as a Windows Service(above Controller 4.1.5)

Best Regards!

Options
2020-08-05 08:43:46

@rabbit6984 Hope this helps

1 - Link to setup service - https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2915/

2 - Not sure

3 - TCP/UDP 29810-29813 (Inbound)

Rob

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2356