TL-R470T+ issue with VPN and certain password protected websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-14 16:34:31 - last edited 2021-04-19 10:55:43

Hello,

I am using the TL-R470T+ to load balance two ISPs on a home network.

I am having the following issues:

Sometimes, I can connect to my corporate VPN without a problem.  Other times, I cannot.  I belive the issue maybe that when the router splits up/down traffic between the two ISPs, the VPN cannot connect.

Similarly, there are some password-protected websites where the login credentials are demanded repeatedly during a single session, again I suspect because the router is splitting traffic between the two ISPs.  

How can I configure a rule to require that trafffic to the VPN and certain websites use a single WAN for a complete session (whichever happens to be working best at the time)?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-R470T+ issue with VPN and certain password protected websites
2020-07-15 05:51:48 - last edited 2021-04-19 10:55:43

@BFick 

BFick wrote

Sometimes, I can connect to my corporate VPN without a problem.  Other times, I cannot.  I belive the issue maybe that when the router splits up/down traffic between the two ISPs, the VPN cannot connect.

Similarly, there are some password-protected websites where the login credentials are demanded repeatedly during a single session, again I suspect because the router is splitting traffic between the two ISPs.  

How can I configure a rule to require that trafffic to the VPN and certain websites use a single WAN for a complete session (whichever happens to be working best at the time)?

Hello, 

Please ensure you have checked "Enable Application Optimized Routing" with Load Balancing enabled.

Besides, please check the current firmware of your router, upgrade the firmware if it is not the latest.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-r470t%252B/#Firmware

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 833

Replies: 1