Omada SDN Controller Bugs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-14 21:28:41 - last edited 2020-07-24 02:31:33
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0

Hi everyone,

today i have upgraded my OC200 to Firmware-Version 1.7.0 und have tested the new UI and features. I'm really exited but i'm not sure, if i found two bugs.

APs in use: 2x EAP225(EU) V3 Firmware 2.20.1

- For example the Event-Messages: In Notifications-Settings is set that list a event when a wireless client has connected, but the client event page is empty. And if set, no mail will be sent.

- OC200 System Time is not correct: I'm from germany and the suitable time zone (UTC+1) has a time difference of one hour and i have to set to UTC+2.

Best regards

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Controller Bugs?
2020-07-16 06:13:52 - last edited 2020-07-16 06:15:10

@Nemesis 

Hi,

- For example the Event-Messages: In Notifications-Settings is set that list a event when a wireless client has connected, but the client event page is empty. And if set, no mail will be sent.

Please ensure that you have configured Mail Server correctly under Settings>>Controller. We can use the feature >> Test SMTP Server << to ensure it's configured well.

Also, make sure Event and Email has been checked under Notification>>Client.

- OC200 System Time is not correct: I'm from germany and the suitable time zone (UTC+1) has a time difference of one hour and i have to set to UTC+2.

Currently, the SDN Controller doesn't support Daylight Saving Time and this has been forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration.

Thank you again for your feedback.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-07-16 13:09:06

@Fae 

Thank you very much for your reply. i have checked these settings (Notifications and SMTP) and the settings are correct, but no Event-Messages (Client) appears. Is this only applies for new or known clients?

Daylight Saving Time: Thank you!

Best regards

Options
2020-07-21 08:37:52 - last edited 2020-07-24 02:31:33

@Nemesis 

Hi,

activate Settings>Controller>History Data Retention!

I had the same problem and it took some time to find out why no client events were listed/mailed. indecision

Regards

Options
2020-07-21 17:45:52

@diddi

Thank you! The checkbox "Collect Clients' History Data" was not checked. yes

Options