Omada Controller v4.1.5 (software controller) - Upgrade questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 09:08:06 - last edited 2020-07-16 08:04:54
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I just noticed that a brand new controller software has been release. It appears to be a major version upgrade.

Now I have a couple if question that the available upgrade guide could not answer:

1. There is only one controller upgrade file for Windows and no seperate versions for 32bit and 64bit. Does that mean this one file is for both Windows versions?

2. Is the new Controller version able to run as a Windows Service (as explained in this threat https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/150265?replyId=418970)?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Controller v4.1.5 (software controller) - Upgrade questions
2020-07-16 07:13:09 - last edited 2020-07-16 08:04:54

@Powerauditor 

Hello,

Powerauditor wrote

1. There is only one controller upgrade file for Windows and no seperate versions for 32bit and 64bit. Does that mean this one file is for both Windows versions?

Yes, this one file is for both Windows 32bit and 64bit.

2. Is the new Controller version able to run as a Windows Service (as explained in this threat https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/150265?replyId=418970)?

There will be a guidance coming out soon to show us how to run the new Controller as a Windows Service, please pay close attention to the official website for the guidance.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Controller v4.1.5 (software controller) - Upgrade questions
2020-07-28 07:32:22

So, if TP-Link wants to replace the old Omada controller software and use Omada SDN in the future (this is how I interpret all the fantastic promotional adverting posts) then I expect a little more support for the transition.

Without the possibility to run the software as a Windows Service it's currently not an adaquate and equal replacement for existing installations. 

Come on Tp-Link, it can't be that difficult to write up a one-pager instruction for the Windows Service installation.

Options