Omada controller showing offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-16 04:03:00
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: EAP225(US)_V3_2.20.1 Build 20200630

We have 4 EAP225 wifi devices, which were configured using laptop. We downloaded omada software in the laptop and configured EAP225. If I shutdown the laptop everything works fine, but controller showing offline if I open in cloud and also in the mobile app. If I switch on the laptop and open the omada software it's showing online. Please let me know why it's happening.

Options
11 Reply
Re:Omada controller showing offline
2020-07-16 06:53:19

@Speedo 

Hi,

Speedo wrote

We have 4 EAP225 wifi devices, which were configured using laptop. We downloaded omada software in the laptop and configured EAP225. If I shutdown the laptop everything works fine, but controller showing offline if I open in cloud and also in the mobile app. If I switch on the laptop and open the omada software it's showing online. Please let me know why it's happening.

Please kindly note that it requires the Controller to keep running so that you can access the Controller from cloud and from Omada App.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-30 11:43:06 - last edited 2020-12-30 11:45:16

Model: 2x   EAP245

The network works fine, but I don't have access to the controller. Not with my phone-app and not with the laptop over the webpage https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/ .

Are there a other methods?

With kind regards,

Andy

File:
omada-cloud.jpgDownload
Options
2021-05-21 05:17:15

@Andy_R we have the same issue..

Options
2021-05-21 12:05:36

Dear @Andy_R,

Andy_R wrote

Model: 2x   EAP245

The network works fine, but I don't have access to the controller. Not with my phone-app and not with the laptop over the webpage https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/ .

Are there a other methods?

Are you using Omada Software Controller or Omada Hardware Controller like OC200?

Please verify if you can access your controller with its local IP address from the LAN network first.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-14 10:26:29

@Speedo hI

I am also facing same issue , I have two EAP-110 outdoor, Configured it through controller software , It start to work , but Now when i install the device on customer location

https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/login#controller  usually showing offline ,  and there now one device SSID is showing tp-link with open password

Now, It's difficult to understand, How to configure it , Trying to contact many times with tp-link support, No response from there via email via call always waiting

Is anybody can help to solve the issue

Options
2021-07-14 10:51:45

Dear @BT_RED,

BT_RED wrote

I am also facing same issue , I have two EAP-110 outdoor, Configured it through controller software , It start to work , but Now when i install the device on customer location

https://omada.tplinkcloud.com/login#controller  usually showing offline,  and there now one device SSID is showing tp-link with open password

Did you directly close the Controller software from the PC or disconnect the PC from the Internet after you configured the EAPs?

To access the controller via cloud access, please ensure that the controller host is running and connected to the Internet.

Otherwise, it's normal that the controller shows offline when you try to access the controller remotely.

For your case, you may reconfigure the EAPs for checking.

Options
2021-07-24 07:16:36
HI, I did same , I really don't know before , Controller should be on Now showing online after on the controller, But one device has gone to reset, If i am trying to change the ssid & password, Not going to change, and the 2nd device has gone reset, the ssid is showing tp link , Now i forget , How to add this to controller again please guide
Options
2021-07-24 07:18:21
sorry, one device is working as i set ssid and password with that through cloud system, But where i am going to chane ssid and password with that, it is not going to change 2nd device has gone reset, i forgot , How to add this device again with controller please guide
Options
2021-07-26 09:16:15

Dear @BT_RED,

BT_RED wrote

HI, I did same , I really don't know before , Controller should be on Now showing online after on the controller, But one device has gone to reset, If i am trying to change the ssid & password, Not going to change, and the 2nd device has gone reset, the ssid is showing tp link , Now i forget , How to add this to controller again please guide

For your case, it seems that the EAPs and Controller are located in different locations, in this case, the EAP device cannot communicate with the Controller directly, we are unable to adopt and manage the EAP device directly via the Controller from cloud access.

If it's not possible to take the EAP devices to the same LAN network with the controller, please refer to the following FAQ to adopt and manage the EAP devices. 

How to manage Omada devices at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller

Options
2021-07-26 12:14:33

@Fae Thanks for reply

Both devices are installed in same location with same network, the one device has been reset automatically and showing ssid tp link , going to connect directly with open password

2nd device is showing the ssid as i created it through omada controller, but when i am going to change their ssid and password, it is not going to change that means, AP is not going to communicate with omada controller, But in controller the one AP is showing online

Anyways,It was difficult for me to manage AP through omada. So now I configured it through direclty access with IP 192.168.0.254 , Now it's working fine without omada

But My question is that, Ap has been configured through cloud system, We can manage the AP from any other network or not? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 12347

Replies: 11

Related Articles