WAP won't factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WAP won't factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WAP won't factory reset
WAP won't factory reset
2020-07-18 01:42:04 - last edited 2020-07-18 15:16:06
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.3.0

Hi. I have tried to factory default the WAP I just bought from Amazon (EAP245). I was able to login and program it after it arrived and it worked. But a few days later, I wanted to make some changes and want able to login using the IP address, so I tried several times to factory reset it by pressing the reset button but it wouldn't reset. I was able to reset another EAP245 I have. Is there any way of forcing it to factory reset?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WAP won't factory reset
2020-07-20 06:59:28

@Luis_C_S_Jr.1 

Hello,

Luis_C_S_Jr.1 wrote

But a few days later, I wanted to make some changes and want able to login using the IP address, so I tried several times to factory reset it by pressing the reset button but it wouldn't reset. I was able to reset another EAP245 I have. Is there any way of forcing it to factory reset?

Please try the following step to reset the EAP245 and see if it helps.

Simply have the EAP245 connected with PoE port for power (disconnect the LAN cable), use a pin to press and hold the reset hole on the EAP245 for about 8 seconds, the LED should flash red-yellow-green after that.

To log into the web management page of the EAP245, you may refer to this FAQ

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1663

Replies: 1

Related Articles