DLNA Blocker with AX50 in Access Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DLNA Blocker with AX50 in Access Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:DLNA Blocker with AX50 in Access Mode
2021-01-21 09:48:17

@Kevin_Z Exacly. I made factory setting on AX50 adn setup new network

AX50 is linked by cable to main router and it now is switch to router mode.  To AX50 I set cable to Qnap, TV, XBOX and my laptop. I switch off IPTV

My setup on Huwaei

My setup on AX50

My network on laptop is gone

But if i get comand run and type \\192.168.100.43 it shows my Qnap serwer disc

Options
2021-01-21 10:35:16

@Michal2121 

So TV and Xbox still cannot access the Qnap serwer disc in this setup?

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-21 11:32:34

@Kevin_Z Sorry my foult. My Qnap was connected by cable with main router. No it is connected to AX50 and media serwer are working. Perfect.

Options
2021-01-21 11:47:18

@Michal2121 It works for moment and now still Qnap is off. I change adres IP on Qnap on static 192.168.0.5

Options
2021-01-21 12:04:00

@Red90 On router AX50 setup I have Qnap IP adres 192.168.0.5

but in I don't see it in my network

Options
2021-01-21 15:43:06

@Kevin_Z you wrote: Have you tried my previous suggestions that by switching the AX50 to router mode then disable the IGMP snooping and IGMP proxy, then switch it back to AP mode and confirm again? Or, you are suggested to reset the AX50 to factory defaults by holding the reset button until the LEDs flashes off then on, then reconfigure it from scratch, follow the above steps to check again, thanks.

Yes i tried that many times, but there is no difference. There is no NAS/DLNA Client visible in AP Mode, only in Router Mode. Also after resetting it to factory settings.

Options
2021-01-21 16:38:11

This is my networt layout. DLNA from NAS to TV doesn't work at this setup when AX50 is in AP-Mode. 

If I plug the TV into the Router and avoid going through the AX50, DLNA immediately works.

If I plug the NAS into AX50, DLNA on TV doesn's work either.

Options
2021-01-22 02:31:34

@Alexander_S  @Michal2121 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-06 17:23:58

Hi, I have the same issue, AX50 set in AP mode, when DLNA server and DLNA client are both connected through the AX50 the client does not see the server, while if the DLNA server is connected to my router and only the DLNA client is connected to the AX50 in AP mode it works.

Do you have a solution to this issue?

I am in parallel testing another wireless router from another brand, this scenario works perfectly when set in AP mode. I would prefer using the AX50 but I am really hesitating to return it because of this issue.

Thanks

Options
2021-03-12 16:29:28

@Kevin_Z fyi

The technicans also couldn't solve the issue yet. 

==================================

I was sent this message from the TP-Link Technical Support:

Dear Customer,

This should be because the DLNA protocol used between the NAS device and the TV is not standard.

Under normal circumstances, devices that support DLNA will discover each other through multicast.

Therefore, if they use the standard DLNA protocol, routers will forward the multicast packets between them when the IGMP snooping is enabled. And they can work normally.

According to the current information, no multicast group is formed between them, and each other needs to be discovered through broadcast.

After turning off the IGMP snooping function, the router will convert all multicast packets into broadcast packets, so they can discover each other and work normally.

It is recommended that you turn off the DHCP and NAT functions on the AX50. 

The AX50 can be regarded as working on Access Point Mode after that, and there will be no problem of DLNA ineffective.

Thank you for your understanding.
===================================

When the AX50 is in Router-mode, the NAS is shown on the TV:

IGMP snooping is turned off in Router-mode:

DHCP is also disabled:

NAT settings are disabled:

After switching the AX50 to AP-mode, there is no NAS available on the TV

It seems, the AP-mode blocks the broadcast signal for DLNA somehow. So there is still problem of DLNA ineffectiveness.

Options
Related Articles