Omada SDN Controller - can't bind to cloud controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-05 10:06:07 - last edited 2020-08-05 10:34:36

Hi all

Installed the Omada SDN Controller in a docker on a RPI3 (buster debian) using one of the guides posted here. Managed to get it working, adopted two EAPs (245 and 225, both version 3). No issues setting up wireless networks etc.I have encountered two issues and have not been able to find a solution.

1. Can't log in and bind to the omada cloud controller - i'm getting a failed to connect to server error. I dont have this issue with Omada v3.1.10 which is installed in an ubuntu VM on freenas machine. 

2. I can't access the SDN controller with VLANs but wireless network still functions. Again, nil issues on the v3.1.10. Dont even need to open ports on my pfsense.

I have ports 29810-29813 open in pfsesne.

Now i suspect it's a network issue but can't resolve and i have googled to find a solution with no luck,

Any assistance would be gretly appreciated.

cheers

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Controller - can't bind to cloud controller
2020-08-05 11:07:28 - last edited 2020-08-05 11:07:59

@molika, this are docker issues unrelated to Omada Controller. Similar to the VM you used before you need to ensure that the network inside the docker instance can be used on the outside network and vice versa. Maybe @Ronald1965 can chime in here with some tips if you did use the docker image made by him.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-08-05 11:16:36
thanks R1D2 yep, thats the image i used. @Ronald1965 - any tips pls. cheers
Options
2020-08-09 05:52:39

@Ronald1965

would you be able to assist with my problem.

cheers

Options
2020-08-10 03:09:52

Dear molika 

To assist you better, could you please do me a favor to check the info below?

1. Can't log in and bind to the omada cloud controller - i'm getting a failed to connect to server error.

Is your TP-Link ID bonded successfully and showing as Connected on the Cloud Access page?

Could you please upload some pictures to show us the error page?

If you are trying to add Cloud User, please ensure the Mail Server is configured well. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2919/

2. I can't access the SDN controller with VLANs but wireless network still functions. Again, nil issues on the v3.1.10. Dont even need to open ports on my pfsense.

Whether the local access to the Omada SDN Controller works fine? Did you configure Management VLAN on the SDN controller? Is there any error message when you failed to access the SDN Controller with VLANs?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1332

Replies: 4