Used/Expired voucher can still be used to authenticate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-07 10:04:23 - last edited 2020-08-10 08:12:09
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.0

Hi!

I need your help. I am using hotspot authentication on my wifi. I generated voucher codes for 1Gb for 1 day, 7Gb for 7 days and 30Gb for 30 days. Just recently, I noticed that one of my users used the expired code and was successfully accepted by the system. The code that my user has purchased is 7Gb for 7 days and can be used by 2 users simultaneously. The user consumed 7Gb only in 3 days and tried the same code again and it worked. I unathenticated the user and tried the code myself and it successfully connected to the net. This does not happen to 1Gb codes and only noticed this on 7Gb codes so far. 

I have attached screenshots for your reference. 

I have omada V4.15 firmare: 1.7.0 Build 20200703 Rel.59609

Is there anything I might have done wrong? Your inputs are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

This is an old voucher code I tried in my device. It was first used on 25 July and expired after 7 days. I tried the expired code today and suprisingly, it worked. The user only consumed 700mb. But still, it should only be valid for 7 days which already expired on 1 Aug. After I tried the code, I checked it in voucher manager as seen below.  

Here is the voucher details:

In the previous omada controller software, as soon as the user enters the code it automatically shows "expired" when you check in the voucher manager. In the new version, it only shows all the voucher but not does not tag it whether it's been used or not. 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Used/Expired voucher can still be used to authenticate
2020-08-13 10:14:23

Dear @paparazz01,

Thank you for your valued feedback!

This issue has been forwarded to the senior engineers for further research. If the problem does exist, the R&D would add a plan to solve it .

Best Regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-26 16:08:23

@paparazz01 

I will suggest to always pick the first option that says "Limit Usage Counts" when creating voucher code for multi-users. 

Selecting the 2nd option will only make a reusable voucher code, as it only limits the "number of users simultaneously connected to the internet using the same code", this type of code doesn't expire. Whereas the 1st option limits the times when the voucher code was used by multiple device, this one expires. 

Hope this helps. 

Options
2020-08-26 16:30:47
Thanks! Yeah, I already did that and I had no issues now. But still, my point is even though it's multi-use it should expire since I have set validity for the code (7days) and set data limit (7Gb). In my understanding, once it reached its limit of 7Gb or after 7 days validity they should not be able to use the code anymore.
Options
2020-08-28 12:40:51

Dear @paparazz01

But still, my point is even though it's multi-use it should expire since I have set validity for the code (7days) and set data limit (7Gb). In my understanding, once it reached its limit of 7Gb or after 7 days validity they should not be able to use the code anymore.

An update for this case: after evaluation, the R&D will add a plan to modify the voucher feature on the option "Limited Online Users".

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-28 13:33:39

@Fae 

Thanks Fae for raising this concern. 

Options
2020-08-31 07:56:24

@paparazz01 

same issues bro even at my local users. traffic limit doesn't work, the client/s can still connect to the internet even tho they already consumed the 5GB it goes over and over until the authentication timeout :(((

Options
2020-08-31 14:43:18

@CHASER 

Yeah, i forgot to mention that too! I tried local user and set limit to myself. After reaching the limit it logged me out. But then, if you have to login again it would authenticate you eventhough you have reached the limit. I hope @Fae can raise this concern to R&D. 

Options
2020-09-01 00:49:26

Dear @paparazz01 & @CHASER,

After reaching the limit it logged me out. But then, if you have to login again it would authenticate you eventhough you have reached the limit. 

Thank you for your valued feedback. I've written this down for further tests and follow up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2448

Replies: 8