HOW TO CONFIGURE EAP 225 OUTDOOR ONTO MESH

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 13:09:22 - last edited 2020-08-11 01:20:48

Hi Guys.

I am having a real issue getting a EAP 255 outdoor wo work on mesh.

i have got the OC200 controller set up and one wired eap 225 outdoor and they are working well the wifi is fine 

running 2 diffrent SSID;s   one for memebers one for guests.

i have purchased a second EAP 225 outdoor to extend the range via mesh.

once i power on the new EAP 225 the OC200 cant seam to find it wirelessly.

if i plug it in to the network via eithernet the controller sees it and configures it no problem and then it starts broadcasting the 2 ssids aswell.

when i come to disconect it from the wired network it loses connection and cant been seen either by the oc200 controller 

or via wifi from another device.

any ideas how i get this thing to work on MESH .

i have updated the firmware on the OC200 and also on both EAP 225 outdoor units 

HELP ??

Regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:HOW TO CONFIGURE EAP 225 OUTDOOR ONTO MESH
2020-08-12 01:24:53

Hello @RYYC,

once i power on the new EAP 225 the OC200 cant seam to find it wirelessly.

if i plug it in to the network via eithernet the controller sees it and configures it no problem and then it starts broadcasting the 2 ssids aswell.

when i come to disconect it from the wired network it loses connection and cant been seen either by the oc200 controller or via wifi from another device.

To verify, how far is the new EAP225-Outdoor away from the other EAP225-Outdoor? Do they have a clear line of sight between?

When you plug the EAP225-Outdoor back into the network via ethernet cable, would the OC200 find and manage it?

If yes, please check the 5G channel they are working on, try changing channels before you disconnect it for the mesh.

Also, please take a screenshot of the devices page on OC200 where shows the device info of both EAP225-Outdoor, thank you in advance.

Regards,

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-08-13 14:41:33
Hi Fae yes if i plug the 225 outdoor back into the wired net work the OC controller sees it straight away and marks its as connected. it can then be managed through the controller as normal. when you say change the 5G channel. this is set to auto in both the controller and both 225 outdoor's i figured they would just sync and all would be well ?? is that not the case ? i am going back to the site tomorrow so i will give it a go selecting an individual channel and see what happens. the other thing i have come to realise unless the 225 outdoor is plugged into a network i cant connect to it using wireless ? i thought i should at least be able to cennet to it and manage it ? regards
Options
2020-08-14 02:25:30

Hello @RYYC,

when you say change the 5G channel. this is set to auto in both the controller and both 225 outdoor's i figured they would just sync and all would be well ?? is that not the case?

Generally speaking, there is no need to change the channel if the EAP225-Outdoor is working with firmware 1.7.0 Build 20200113 or above. But I'm not sure which firmware you have updated to, and the firmware release might be out of sync among regions, so just in case. Sorry for this confusion.

Note: the firmware I mentioned above has fixed the bug that only the AP under the same channel can be seen when rescanning in the mesh AP.

the other thing i have come to realise unless the 225 outdoor is plugged into a network i cant connect to it using wireless ? i thought i should at least be able to cennet to it and manage it ? regards

You are correct. And the EAP225-Outdoor should be showing as >>Pending (Wireless)<< when it's in default settings and within the wireless coverage of the root AP.

If you didn't try it before, you could also factory reset the EAP225-Outdoor (either Forget this AP from OC200, or push the reset button on the EAP unit itself for about 8 seconds), move the EAP225-Outdoor closer to the root AP and see if the OC200 can discover it wirelessly.

If you still have trouble, please confirm the current firmware version of your two EAP225-Outdoor, whether they are working in the same US/EU/CA version, and check the current firmware version of the OC200 as well. Thank you in advance.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1809

Replies: 3

Related Articles