How to unblock a client using Omada app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 15:25:19 - last edited 2021-03-05 01:26:26
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: OC200(UN)_v1_1.7.0 Build 20200703

Hi, once I block a client in Omada app, then login later, how do I see the blocked clients?

It seems I can only unblock them from my PC, under "Insight" section.

But from the app - wasn't able to find.

Thanks.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:How to unblock a client using Omada app?-Solution
2021-11-13 14:35:39 - last edited 2021-11-15 00:42:30

Finally the feature for unblocking the clients is now implemented in the current App (Android 4.0.8)

Works great.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to unblock a client using Omada app?-Solution
2021-11-13 14:54:09 - last edited 2021-11-15 00:41:29

@nutzich, thanks for the update!

It's TRUE, it's working now on my android APP too.

A new TAB named BLOCKED has been added at the right side and shows a list of blocked clients, and there is an option to unblock each client too.

Nice work! 

Best regards

Peter Stocklen

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:How to unblock a client using Omada app?
2020-08-10 03:24:14 - last edited 2020-08-10 07:39:33

Dear NorthGraves,

Sorry that the Omada App doesn't support to unblock clients at present. I will forward it as a feature request to our developers for consideration.

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. Have a nice day!

NorthGraves wrote

Hi, once I block a client in Omada app, then login later, how do I see the blocked clients?

It seems I can only unblock them from my PC, under "Insight" section.

But from the app - wasn't able to find.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-09-16 23:17:44

@Fae This was possible in the "old" version 3. This should not be a feature request, it should be there straight out of the box. There is a block button, but no unblock. This does not make sense. I've been struggling for the past hour to unblock my daughter's iPad. Its not even in the clients section, its in the "insight" section of the web portal.

This is illogical that you block through clients, but unblock through another menu

Options
2020-09-17 06:48:27 - last edited 2020-09-17 06:55:29

i0nviz wrote

This is illogical that you block through clients, but unblock through another menu

The Clients menu lists active users only. When blocked, those users will never appear in the Clients list (this is pretty logical IMO).

Insight lists clients statistics. This includes User, Guest, Blocked, Rate Limited and Offline-only users.

It's this Insight menu where you block / unblock clients, no matter whether they are currently active or not.

The presence of a Block button in the Client list is just a convenient shortcut for the Block function in the Insight menu.

From a developer's view this is pretty logical and consistent.

Now, the Omada app includes the Clients menu, but not the Insight menu.

Thus, it would be logical to not include the Block shortcut at all in the app, which IMO is a nice toy to check the controller's status while on the road, but it's definitely not a fully fledged management tool.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-09-17 22:55:16

@i0nviz 

I agree, the app needs to support unblocking ASAP. Please add this to the next release. 

Options
2020-09-18 11:46:29 - last edited 2020-09-18 11:48:19

@ReGenesis, please note that I'm not from TP-Link. TP-Link employees have a TP-Link badge beside their username.

I have merely described why the arrangement of the functions in the controller is not illogical, even if you may perceive it differently. If I wanted TP-Link to change something in their software, I would try with a friendly request, but not with accusations of illogicity and a command to "change it ASAP".

After all, this app is a free give-away!

What is wrong with you people that you use such an aggressive tone here in the business forum?

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-10-29 21:35:18

@Fae 

Is this feature request considered and is development providing commitment to add 'unblock' feature to the App menus?

I really hope so because this is needed.

Options
2020-11-27 08:07:32

@PietV 
The unblocking option can be found in the Insight tab (on the left of the screen via web access).
The list of all clients, including the blocked ones, with the possibility to unblock them.

Options
2021-01-30 21:44:18

Hi, i had the same problem. This option is very important om the APP Omada!

Options
2021-03-04 22:52:51

Hi guys! 

I had the same problem and through this topic I finally found the solution .

All you need to do is to log into your controller directly from your web browser. This can also be done using your cel phone .

The trick here is to identify the IP of your controller using your omada app. Then access your controller directly via web browser using the same IP found at the bottom of your controller.

You just have to log in using your controller user's ID and password and done.

Acessing your controller through this way, you should be able to fully maintain your system.

Once inside, on the left side you will find the INSIGHT menu, where you are able to manage blocked users as well.

Hope u guys make it well. See ya

Options
2021-03-04 23:56:48

@PStocklen 

"The trick here is to identify the IP of your controller using your omada app. Then access your controller directly via web browser using the same IP found at the bottom of your controller."

Well yes, the only way to unblock is to login to the web interface, Insight section.

From a PC or cell phone, doesn't matter.

Problem is it's very inconvenient and weird - you can easily block a client from the app, but to unblock the client you can't use the app anymore.

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 21477

Replies: 18