How to unblock a client using Omada app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to unblock a client using Omada app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:How to unblock a client using Omada app?
2021-03-05 00:42:49 - last edited 2021-03-05 01:38:26

Yeap! I agree!!! It was really tricky to handle the blocking situation. But the topic is about that anyway, on how to fix the unblock issue. And no, there's no way to do that using only the app itself. Best regards! Peter

Options
2021-03-05 01:26:14 - last edited 2021-11-15 00:42:20

Hi All,

Sorry that unblocking clients using Omada App is not supported at present. The good news is that the product team has decided to support unblocking clients with Omada App in the subsequent updates.

As PStocklen mentioned below, we can access the controller via web browser and unblock the client from the 'Insight' menu.

PStocklen wrote

Hi guys! 

I had the same problem and through this topic I finally found the solution .

All you need to do is to log into your controller directly from your web browser. This can also be done using your cel phone .

The trick here is to identify the IP of your controller using your omada app. Then access your controller directly via web browser using the same IP found at the bottom of your controller.

You just have to log in using your controller user's ID and password and done.

Acessing your controller through this way, you should be able to fully maintain your system.

Once inside, on the left side you will find the INSIGHT menu, where you are able to manage blocked users as well.

Hope u guys make it well. See ya

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-08-23 12:40:26

@Fae why hasn't this issue been solved, it is now August, the reason I used Omada was the app to control the childrens devices. My wife is not technical enough to log in through the web browser And navigate the menus to unblock the children, we use the app cloud base to lock and unlock the childrens devices while we are away for work. This is a huge inconvenience.

Options
2021-10-08 14:26:38

There definitely should be a way to make this more clear.

IMHO, the simplest solution would be a pop-up confirmation (which it currently lacks any secondary confirmation) when blocking a client that has a blurb about 'go to insights to unblock'.

Having the secondary confirmation to block would be nice, too. Prevent a mistake, which would require quite a bit more navigating around the app to resolve if you are blocking from the clients page rather than insights....

Options
2021-10-24 14:20:43

@PStocklen I can't see where to input IP address to add controller?  Completely stuck :(

Options
2021-10-24 15:39:24

Hello @Cjj ,

once you plug your OC200 controller onto your LAN using a network cable, you should be able to see your IP Adress by simply opening the OMADA APP.

If your controller is connected, it will be showing right on the first screen. Its name and its IP Address as well, followed by the firmware version.

Best regards

Options
Re:How to unblock a client using Omada app?-Solution
2021-11-13 14:35:39 - last edited 2021-11-15 00:42:30

Finally the feature for unblocking the clients is now implemented in the current App (Android 4.0.8)

Works great.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to unblock a client using Omada app?-Solution
2021-11-13 14:54:09 - last edited 2021-11-15 00:41:29

@nutzich, thanks for the update!

It's TRUE, it's working now on my android APP too.

A new TAB named BLOCKED has been added at the right side and shows a list of blocked clients, and there is an option to unblock each client too.

Nice work! 

Best regards

Peter Stocklen

Recommended Solution
Options