Omada Software Controller 3.2.10 cannot find EAP-Outdoor 225 on same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-13 01:12:17 - last edited 2020-08-13 01:13:51
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'd like some help on troubleshooting my Omada Software Controller, it seems like it couldn't find my EAP225-Outdoor access point. On my first Omada installation, I was able to adopt the EAP (I was connected to a router that was on repeater WISP mode) but after transitioning to a router with static ip set-up, the controller software couldn't find the EAP anymore. Also I've tried downloading the Omada android app and to my surprise, I was able to access the EAP but on standalone mode.

Here is the wiring set up of my Omada and EAP:

<EAP225>- - - - - - - - - - - - -<Router>- - - - - - - - - - - - <ISP Modem>

|

| -> WiFi connection

|

<Omada Controller Software running on Win10>

I was able to ping the EAPs IP from my computer. It also shows on the router's list of devices.

PS: I did not upgrade the firmware of my EAP225.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller 3.2.10 cannot find EAP-Outdoor 225 on same network
2020-08-13 02:04:58

Hello @aacuanico,

Please check the firewall and antivirus software on the Win10, make sure TCP/UDP ports 29810–29813 are enabled on the computer, you may directly disable the firewall and antivirus software to have a try.

Omada EAPs communicate with the controller via TCP/UDP ports 29810-29813. If the firewall and antivirus software block these ports, they also block the packets between the controller and EAPs.

Best Regards.

aacuanico wrote

I'd like some help on troubleshooting my Omada Software Controller, it seems like it couldn't find my EAP225-Outdoor access point. On my first Omada installation, I was able to adopt the EAP (I was connected to a router that was on repeater WISP mode) but after transitioning to a router with static ip set-up, the controller software couldn't find the EAP anymore. Also I've tried downloading the Omada android app and to my surprise, I was able to access the EAP but on standalone mode.

Here is the wiring set up of my Omada and EAP:

<EAP225>- - - - - - - - - - - - -<Router>- - - - - - - - - - - - <ISP Modem>

|

| -> WiFi connection

|

<Omada Controller Software running on Win10>

I was able to ping the EAPs IP from my computer. It also shows on the router's list of devices.

PS: I did not upgrade the firmware of my EAP225.

Thank you.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Software Controller 3.2.10 cannot find EAP-Outdoor 225 on same network
2020-08-13 02:14:45

@Fae 

Thank you. Will give this solution a try.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 853

Replies: 2

Related Articles