Connecting 2 TL-R600VPN together

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-16 20:28:08 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:03:15
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble getting 2 TL-R600VPN to connect together that I have located in 2 seperate offices with 2 seperate internet connections.

I followed everything in the guide below(which looks very similar to my application) but I am not getting a connection:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2163/

Everything goes well, such as the IP adresses and settings, but when I go to the tab "IPsec SA" none of the connection are UP.

Feels like something is beling blocked.

I have centurylink on one end, and comcast on the other.  I set the routers in Bridge mode, and it appears the WAN address is passing through and showing up in the R600VPN.

Any suggestions?

One more question, I have never logged in a router remotely before, but it feels kind of glitchy to me, like something is sometimes trying to block me. Can some one point me to some info on how the ports work, and which ports I should have enabled? Especially with Centurylink / Comcast??

Thank You for your help,

Chris

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting 2 TL-R600VPN together
2020-08-18 14:01:25 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:03:15

Dear @LAN_Guy,

Do both of the R600VPN routers get public address on the WAN connection? 

If they obtain private IP addresses, then the two VPN routers are behind NAT, please open ports UDP500 & UDP4500 on the NAT devices. 

Here is a detailed configuration guide for your reference. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuration-guides/configuration_guide_for_vpn/?configurationId=2981

Hope this information helps. Best regards. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 622

Replies: 1

Related Articles