Omada SDN support Switches and Routers for the uS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-17 18:41:33

Anyone at TP-LINK with any information of when we here in the states should be able to start seeing the new equipment? TP-LINK US is lagging exteremly bad on any details nor does it list any of the new Wifi 6 EAPs.

Currently I am running

OC200 - Latest SDN software

5 x EAP225 V1 Outdoor

2 x EAP245 V3

2 x EAP225 V3

TL-600 VPN router -- Need to replace this soon!

16 port TP-Link umanaged switch - wanting to replace with a managed smart switch with SDN

Current setup is on a 5 acre farm , which I am needing to add additional equipment to expand the network further and stay in the realm of Omada (I know there are other products TP-Link has- again cost and additional managment pages to tend to) - I do not want to start over with another company like Unifi as the cost to start from scratch would be too high of a price.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada SDN support Switches and Routers for the uS
2020-08-18 08:35:06

Dear @Reconboy,

Thank you for your support and attention on TP-Link products!

The time to market for the new products varies in regions and countries, fully depends on the local agents.

If you want to get more info about the new wifi 6 EAPs, you may refer to this link.

Any sales inquiries, you may visit https://www.tp-link.com/about-us/contact/ to find the sales department in your region or country.

Best regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada SDN support Switches and Routers for the uS
2020-08-30 01:11:13

@Fae 

Thanks for the information !  it also appears that TP-Link US is finally getting updates about more Omada SDN products which I also spoke to a US sales rep and states that it may be closer to the end of year before the hardware will be available in the US. However, I do have a question for the new SDN TL605 routers - are there any improvements on IP management as far as being able to manage more than one IP segment than the older TL600VPN? Example 600VPN can only handle a max of 254 IP addresses or /24 , can we now create IP ranges larger like /20 - /23 ? Or able to manage multiple range of IP address 192.168.xx.xx + 10.10.xx.xx as an example? Or will this require the newer TL-ER7206 or one of TP-Links managed switches with SDN?

I want to create additional VLANS for security purposes and right now kinda having to play it by ear with the older TP-Link equipment I have in place.

Options