Can't enable 2nd WAN port TL-R600VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-19 18:43:45 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:03:01
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.41831

Hi-

I'm trying to set up a second WAN on my router for fail over from my cable modem to a cellular modem in bridge mode.

Each time I attempt to enable WAN Mode 2, it briefly shows a processing screen, stops and the change does not take.

I'm told it should automatically restart, which it is not doing. Any suggestions around why the router would not allow me to activate port 2 as WAN?

I've tried both with the bridge connected and without. The "WAN2" tab that is supposed to appear after enable WAN2 never shows up.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't enable 2nd WAN port TL-R600VPN
2020-08-25 03:59:26 - last edited 2021-04-18 11:03:01

@vailski04 

I'm told it should automatically restart, which it is not doing. Any suggestions around why the router would not allow me to activate port 2 as WAN?

I've tried both with the bridge connected and without. The "WAN2" tab that is supposed to appear after enable WAN2 never shows up.

Are you logging into the web UI remotely? What do you mean by "bridge connected"?

By default settings, both WAN1 and WAN2 are enabled. If possible, reset it from web UI or press the reset hole for about 8 seconds until the SYS flashes rapidly.

The router would restart itself, wait couple minutes (5 minutes or so) until it is up, confirm whether you have the "WAN2" tab under Network >> WAN. 

If you still have trouble, could you please upload screenshots of the WAN settings page for a check?

Best regards!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1