Updating is a problem. How to return to an older version?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 10:10:13 - last edited 2020-08-28 06:16:46
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have a serious problem with the c2300 router. After updating to version 1.1.0 there are problems with blocking devices on the network. The "DoS Protection" option is missing in the "Firewall" tab. This option allows you to check which devices are blocked, and if necessary unblock them. Currently this option is missing and devices are blocked. The only way to unlock is to soft reset the router.
So is it possible to return to older firmware version?

Thank you for help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Updating is a problem. How to return to an older version? -Solution
2020-08-28 06:14:33 - last edited 2020-08-28 06:16:46

@Konto_Usuniete 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

May I confirm some details first as the latest firmware was not allowed to be downgraded to the previous?

1. Can you show me the current Firewall tab on your router web UI, which excludes the DoS Protection option?

2. May I know what kind of service were you using in that device, which has been blocked by the router as it may cause a flood in your network?

3. Generally, a hardware reset will clear all the data or setting on the router, may I know how long it will last to allow that device to work after the reset?

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Updating is a problem. How to return to an older version? -Solution
2020-08-28 06:14:33 - last edited 2020-08-28 06:16:46

@Konto_Usuniete 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

May I confirm some details first as the latest firmware was not allowed to be downgraded to the previous?

1. Can you show me the current Firewall tab on your router web UI, which excludes the DoS Protection option?

2. May I know what kind of service were you using in that device, which has been blocked by the router as it may cause a flood in your network?

3. Generally, a hardware reset will clear all the data or setting on the router, may I know how long it will last to allow that device to work after the reset?

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Updating is a problem. How to return to an older version?
2020-08-30 18:06:57

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your answer. I just checked that it is impossible to upload a new frimware. I am sad. I tried in two ways and unfortunately I couldn't. This is the interface of Firewall. Quite new and not enough. 

The application also does not show network clients. 

Previously, with the firmware from March 2020, everything worked very well. Not today.  The computer with wines 10 or galaxy s7 is usually blocked. I do not know which applications are blocked. There is too much of it. 

Thanks

Options
Re:Updating is a problem. How to return to an older version?
2020-08-31 02:34:58

@Konto_Usuniete 

Hello, thanks a lot for all the details.

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options