[Bug] TP-Link Omada App (from App Store) makes unnecessary changes to Omada Controller Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Bug] TP-Link Omada App (from App Store) makes unnecessary changes to Omada Controller Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-01 01:01:51 - last edited 2020-09-01 03:03:38
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 Build 20200703 Rel.59609

The App TP-Link Omada, which I downloaded and installed on my iPhone 6s+ from the App Store makes unneccesarry changed to Omada Controller settings.

On my Omada Controller, I set WLAN Schedule on some of my Wireless Networks. I also set Rate Limit (Download Limit/Upload Limit). 
Now, when I try to make changes from the App, changing/updating rate limit for example, the moment I saved the changes, WLAN Schedule is also disabled. It doesn't just save the changes on Rate Limit, it also disables other features enabled.

I don't know if there are other settings that is messed up from this app, but I've only noticed WLAN Schedule disabling since I was using this feature. WLAN Scheduling can't be enabled or disabled from the App, no option to modify it, but App automatically disables this feature everything you make changes on the Wireless Network.

So for now, while this bug exist, I only use the App for viewing purposes. I don't want the app to disable services/features on it's own without me knowing.

Update:
MAC Filter as well is disabled after saving changes from the App.

Options
1 Reply
Re:[Bug] TP-Link Omada App (from App Store) makes unnecessary changes to Omada Controller Settings
2020-09-01 03:29:11

Dear @hashrack,

Thank you for your valued feedback. I've forwarded this to the engineers for further tests. If there is a bug, the R&D will add a plan to fix it.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 716

Replies: 1