FYI: 2.4G Bandwidth Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-13 01:58:46
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.0 Build 20200422 Rel. 70543(5553)

Good day,

I would like to express my concern on my device.

First of all, I notice that my device EAP225-Outdoor 2.4ghz wifi won't reach to maximum bandwidth like 50mbps. Fyi, I test by connecting my phone to AP EAP225-Outdoor but it will reach only random like 20mbps or 30mbps max.

Second, I do some configurations to my EAP like set the frequency channel to 6, set channel width to 20mhz, and airtime fairness also set to enable but still the result the same.

Lastly, I'm at my router now. I test my router by connecting my phone only to the router and the result of my 2.4ghz wifi from my router is max 50mbps and the 5ghz max 100 Mbps therefore I conclude that my router doesn't have any problem at all. I wonder when my EAP225 Outdoor connects to my router and tested by my self no one other connected the said device (EAP) it won't give me the max result of the bandwidth.

I hope someone can help me with my concern.

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:FYI: 2.4G Bandwidth Issue
2020-09-13 15:55:36

Hi @Walts,

I have 2x EAP225V3's which are Ethernet connected and 2x EAP225-OD which are MESH connected.  How is your outdoor unit connected?

On my indoor, ethernet connected EAP's I get 80-90 Mbit/sec DL, and 100-105 Mbit/sec UL on the 2.4 GHz frequency (20 MHz, 2 different channels (3 & 9 -- one per EAP), Air time fairness OFF, band steering OFF).  Fast roaming is enabled and I'm using the OC-200 for the SDN controller.  I have Gigabit FTTH (Verizon FIOS).  I have ~40 wireless clients at any given time spread across the two indoor AP's.

So, ~80-90ish Mbit/sec is what you should expect for the 2.4GHz frequency -- when the EAP's are Ethernet connected -- assuming your internet connection supports this.  This is best case, when my iPhone XSM is within 1 meter of the AP.  For comparison I get ~400-450 Mbit/sec on the 5.8GHz network for Ethernet connected AP's (80MHz, channels 36 & 149).

I'll have to test the 2.4 GHz network on my MESH connected outdoor AP's.  They should reach a similar speed given that the MESH uses the 5.8GHz network for backhaul.

-Jonathan

Options
Re:FYI: 2.4G Bandwidth Issue
2020-09-14 09:50:42

Dear @Walts,

Is the EAP225-Outdoor connected to the router directly?

For the speed issue, you may check the wired link speed between the EAP and the router, verify whether the wired link speed is 100Mbps or 1.0Gbps. If it only negotiates at 100Mbps, you could try another gigabit Ethernet port to connect, change a different standard cable for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 2

Related Articles