Omada Controller v 4.1.5 cannot adopt or discover EAP 225 V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-20 13:52:09
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.20.1

I was just recently upgrading the network solution at my friends house he already had one EAP 225 V3 but we needed to increase the coverage to the rest of his house so we added another one and since we had multiple ap's we decided to setup the Omada controllersoftware, I've been running it at my house for a while and been having pretty good luck with it. We downloaded the latest firmware on both ap's V2.20.1 and installed the latest version of the Omada controller software and the new Omada controller would not discover the ap's even after a hard reset of both ap's we even went as far as to install the old version of the Omada controller set it up and backed up the configuration and tried uploading it to the new one. The devices were then seen by the new controller but it said they were incompatible for that version of the Omada controller even though it clearly states on the website that my ap's are supposed to be compatible with the new controller as long as I have the firmware version of 2.20.0 or higher. So to say the least I'm pretty fed up with Tp-link right now and I would really appricate some help thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Controller v 4.1.5 cannot adopt or discover EAP 225 V3
2020-09-21 08:28:09 - last edited 2020-09-21 08:29:04

Dear @GamerDude2003,

Sorry to hear that you have trouble with the EAP setup.

From the screenshot, we can see the Status of the two EAPs is Disconnected, which means the two EAPs have lost connection with the Omada Controller. To get the Omada Controller to discover and adopt the EAP successfully, please check the firewall and antivirus software to make sure TCP/UDP ports 29810–29813 is enabled on the computer, you may try directly disable the firewall and antivirus software to check if it helps. For more guidance, please refer to the guide below.

What should I do when the controller fails to discover the EAP?

In addition, what functions are you trying to use the Omada Controller for?

Generally speaking, we can simply install the EAP for basic functionality without installing the Omada Controller.
Here is the setup video for your reference, https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/eap225/#video
Note: check the video for <A Quick Overview of EAP Management Methods> and <How to Set up a TP-Link EAP via Web browser>.

If you need to configure the network with some advanced features such as Mesh, Reboot Schedule, Fast Roaming, and so on. Omada Controller will be required. For more advanced features that require Omada Controller, please read this FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2051/

Hope the information above helps. Please do not hesitate to write back to us if you need any further assistance.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-05-21 03:44:52

@Fae @GamerDude2003 Adding the TPC/UDP ports to my firewall program (McAfee via my ISP) worked.

EAP225 v3

Firmware: 5.0.3

Prior to this I had found others that mentioned having to login to their APs directly. Mind you I even tried factory reset which technically worked but Omada software wasn't able to adopt.

Options
2021-05-21 12:09:23

Dear @Zug,

Zug wrote

EAP225 v3

Firmware: 5.0.3

Prior to this I had found others that mentioned having to login to their APs directly. Mind you I even tried factory reset which technically worked but Omada software wasn't able to adopt.

If your EAPs are showing up on the Devices Page of your Controller but just cannot adopt, please refer to the guide below:

What Should I Do if Omada Software Controller OC200 Cannot Adopt Omada EAP

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1666

Replies: 3