Novice trying to configure CPE210s as AP and client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-20 19:24:43
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to set up two CPE210s as an AP and client to get wifi to a remote garage (outdoor distance between AP and client is about 100 feet).

Router------>AP  -    -    -    Client------>wifi router   -    -    -    (smart garage door opener, etc.)

I configured and installed both the AP and client; they're talking, and there's internet from my router to the AP.  But I can't connect to the internet from the client.  I tried connecting a wifi router to the client; no internet.  I then tried to troubleshoot by connecting a laptop to the client via ethernet.  IPv4 connectivity says "No network access," and IPv6 connectivity says "No Internet access."

Seems to be a configuration issue with the client?  What have I done wrong here?  TIA.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Novice trying to configure CPE210s as AP and client
2020-09-22 06:31:19

Dear @ams2100,

I then tried to troubleshoot by connecting a laptop to the client via ethernet. IPv4 connectivity says "No network access,"

What's the LED Status on the CPE210_Client? Does the laptop obtain IP info including IPv4 Default Gateway and DNS servers after connecting to the CPE210_Client? 

If the Wireless signal LEDs are OFF on the CPE210_Client, it's suggested to reconfigure the CPE210 as Client mode, ensure you select the correct SSID and input the correct password to connect to CPE210_AP. The following instructions are for your reference.

How to Configure the Client Mode on the Pharos device?

How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-09-23 01:08:18

@Fae 

Thanks for your reply!

The power and LAN LEDs are one; the other four LEDs cycle on and off together (all on long, then all off short).  

I don't think the laptop obtained the IP info, but I won't be able to confirm this for several days (the CPEs are at my cabin, and I won't be there again until Friday). 

Any additional advice appreciated!

Options
2020-09-23 06:25:50

Dear @ams2100,

Please check for this post for further advice. Do write back to us if any further assistance needed. Thank you.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 3