EAP225 Working with injector but not POE switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-20 19:30:32
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.5.0 Build 20190404 Rel. 57144(4555)

I am having trouble connecting my EAP225 to my network via a network switch.  When I connect via the router and supplied PoE injector, all works fine (SSID shows, can connect to the network ('Connected, secured'), and can access tplinkeap.net).

But when I use a PoE enabled network switch (which I bought for the purpose), I cannot access the EAP225 on the network (SSID shows, can connect but 'No internet, secured', cannot access tplinkeap.net).  On the network switch, the PoE light for the connected port lights up, but not the networking light.

Hardware:

Network switch: TP-Link TL-SG1005P (PoE enabled)

Router: Plusnet Hub One

What do I need to do to configure the EAP to work with the network switch?

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP225 Working with injector but not POE switch
2020-09-21 11:03:49 - last edited 2020-09-25 02:37:10

Dear @kissenger,

What do I need to do to configure the EAP to work with the network switch?

The TL-SG1005P is an unmanaged PoE switch, no configuration required.

But when I use a PoE enabled network switch (which I bought for the purpose), I cannot access the EAP225 on the network (SSID shows, can connect but 'No internet, secured', cannot access tplinkeap.net).  On the network switch, the PoE light for the connected port lights up, but not the networking light.

Please confirm that you are using the originally provided power adapter (Output: 48VDC / 1.25A) to power up the SG1005P switch. And try plugging the power adapter of the SG1005P switch to another power outlet for checking.

FYI, here is another post that discussed a similar issue and found it's the power wiring issue. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/225892

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-09-21 20:04:30

Did you checked which port of the switch you are using? The model has 4 out of 5 Ports powered with POE. So assuming Port 5 doesn't supply any power.

Options
2020-09-22 07:11:34

Thanks for the replies.  I would love to be able to post a detailed explanation of what was wrong, but this morning it just worked.  Didn't change anything.  One of those frustrating things.  Apologies.

Options
2021-07-09 19:06:56
Hi, Is it still working? i have the exact same problem. Originally i used the supplied passive POE device but the LAN side of the EAP 225 kept having intermittent drop outs. Not cable related as i put a laptop on the far end of the cable and had no outages. So now i have TL-SG1005P to supply POE .. the EAP 225 boots up (solid green light) but doesn't have any network access on the LAN side (and doesn't give any useable IP to wireless clients ... under-whelmed by the EAP 225 at this point as it's not delivering a reliable connection LAN side :-(
Options
2021-07-14 03:12:04

Dear @gahanpa,

gahanpa wrote

Hi, Is it still working? i have the exact same problem. Originally i used the supplied passive POE device but the LAN side of the EAP 225 kept having intermittent drop outs. Not cable related as i put a laptop on the far end of the cable and had no outages. So now i have TL-SG1005P to supply POE .. the EAP 225 boots up (solid green light) but doesn't have any network access on the LAN side (and doesn't give any useable IP to wireless clients ... under-whelmed by the EAP 225 at this point as it's not delivering a reliable connection LAN side :-(

I saw a similar issue that the PoE switch can power up the device well but no LAN connection, and it turned out to be the power outlet issue, check this post for details.

I think you may also check the power outlet, perhaps try changing another power outlet, or using a shorter cable for tests.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2257

Replies: 5

Related Articles