Question about tp-link routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-23 09:38:06 - last edited 2020-09-25 08:16:47

Hi, I have two routers wr940n v6.1 and wr841n v14, both with cyan UI.

My first question is why wr841n miss WDS Bridge check in Wireless options? wr940 has, also my old we871n.

Second question about Range Extender mode of wr841n. I use wr940n as main router and wr841n as Range extender. Main router has enabled DHCP with few reserved IP addresses, but when I connect some of the devices with reserved IP to the extender it apply to it different IP than I expect.

I tried to enable and disable the DHCP on the extender, but not success, looks like extender does not get or main router does not pass the list with the reserved IPs.

Any help. please!

Regards!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Question about tp-link routers-Solution
2020-09-25 08:16:29 - last edited 2020-09-25 08:16:47

@aswarola8 

Hello,

WDS feature is actually the same as range extender mode, and more importantly, range extender setup is easier.

As per your second question, if you want to set the Address Reservation for the devices connected to the extender, you need to figure out what is the actual MAC address of it, but not simply put in the MAC address on its label, as there will be a virtual MAC address showing up on the main WR941N for those devices.

Good days~

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Question about tp-link routers-Solution
2020-09-25 08:16:29 - last edited 2020-09-25 08:16:47

@aswarola8 

Hello,

WDS feature is actually the same as range extender mode, and more importantly, range extender setup is easier.

As per your second question, if you want to set the Address Reservation for the devices connected to the extender, you need to figure out what is the actual MAC address of it, but not simply put in the MAC address on its label, as there will be a virtual MAC address showing up on the main WR941N for those devices.

Good days~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 1

Related Articles