Mounting In-wall next to powerplug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-24 10:56:46
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a setup similar like this (the coas is also powerplug).

Can i mount a in wall on this? (im willing to cut the coverplate or so)

or will this be very ugly? or is this not possible?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mounting In-wall next to powerplug
2020-09-27 09:25:07

Dear @Merrin,

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, it's suggested to check the QIG of the wall AP for an overview of the installation, which may give you some hints.

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202008/20200831/7106508877_EAP225&EAP235-Wall(EU)_IG.pdf

Hope the information is helpful.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-09-30 07:50:40

@Fae 

i would like put IN WALL instead of the ethernet plug (wich is most left on the picture).

its not clear if this would be possible or not.

thanks!

Options
2020-10-01 06:34:17

Dear @Merrin,

The EAP225-wall can be fitted to existing EU or US wall junction boxes(provided in the package) so that you can put it in wall. Please kindly read the QIG provided in my first reply for how to install it. In addition, the EAP225-WALL doesn't support DC power supply, it requires 802.3at/af POE for power, so you may purchase a POE switch to power it up.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 3