Access Control Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access Control Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access Control Setup
Access Control Setup
2020-09-28 12:09:33 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:53:41
Model: TL-R600VPN  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 140801 Rel.49374n

Hi, 

I am trying to set up access control on the R600 router so that a particular user is denied access to a website (like www.youtube.com) at a certain period of time. In terms of my network setup, I have a Google TP Link onhub router connected to this wired router.  So, in essence, I am trying to get one of the wireless clients (on a private subnet created by onhub) access controlled using the R600's access control mechanism. When I set the target host to the entire IP address range of the R600 router, access control works just fine. However, when I attempt to access control one particular computer on the wireless network using the MAC address (I cannot specify IP address since the IP subnet is different from the R600), access control doesn't work. 

Thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Control Setup
2020-10-04 01:58:11 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:53:41

Dear @Trex,

However, when I attempt to access control one particular computer on the wireless network using the MAC address (I cannot specify IP address since the IP subnet is different from the R600), access control doesn't work. 

The R600 router cannot see the computer because the computer on the wireless network is behind the wireless router, which is a NAT device. So the access control won't work. If you want to block some specified websites with the R600VPN V2, please refer to How to restrict specific group of clients from visiting URL for guidance. Note that the URL Filtering would be invalid for https website. To block the https websites, you may change a more powerful router such as R600VPN V4.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 1

Related Articles