Question: Mesh network with Omada indoor & outdoor devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-29 07:27:19

Hello everyone,

I have the following situation:

3 groups of buildings, triangle style placement at 20-30m distance, 400-500 square meters each group. Wired ISP connection to just one building.

While I can wire inside of every group there is no way to wire connect outside to main building so only option is Wi-Fi. In every group is needed Wi-Fi and wired connection (for computers and cameras).

Is this achievable with Omada series?

If yes please explain the concept and devices used.

I was thinking to use EAP225 products for every group (1 outdoor, 2 indoor) and for the main building wired from ISP router.

Another question: Omada Software controller have to be permanently running on a computer or it can be used only for configuration and closed after?

I have to mention that I've made mesh networks with Deco but it doesn't offer and outdoor option so I am basically new to business solution offered with Omada series. 

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Question: Mesh network with Omada indoor & outdoor devices?
2020-09-29 11:25:11

@Guardyan Yes, MESH is achievable with Omada series.

Yes, EAP225 can work with EAP225-Outdoor by MESH.

MESH doesn't work in standalone mode, so you can't shutdown Omada controller. You either need to keep it online on PC/server/laptop or use OC200.

No Outdoor DECO sucks :(

Options
Re:Question: Mesh network with Omada indoor & outdoor devices?
2020-09-29 23:19:11 - last edited 2020-09-29 23:20:35

@Guardyan, additional note: If you are located in the EU, you should use EAP225-Outdoor even indoors as the root mesh node.

Reason is that indoor-only channels (which an EAP225 indoor model can use) are not allowed outdoors in the EU.

Outdoor channels need to use DFS, thus you cannot assume fixed channel settings, they can change all the time.

Does not apply to U.S. and other countries.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 616

Replies: 2