EAP225-Outdoor : Waterproof rubber insert not hinged like instructions show?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-30 02:18:10
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

First post here but have read numerous posts (which really helped) before purchasing this unit as potential solution.

Minor issue but discovered that the insert/grommet designed to seal cable isn't hinged so without using a razor blade to cut it on one side, there's no way to get the cable inside the hole intended for it!

Has anyone else had this issue? And how did you solve it? And is this a manufacturer defect?

I tried calling support but the barely English speaking rep couldn't understand my question.

And it appears that the insert and opening in unit may not be large enough for the cable that I intended to use.

Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP225-Outdoor : Waterproof rubber insert not hinged like instructions show?
2020-10-04 05:39:41

@J.Hallgren 

Minor issue but discovered that the insert/grommet designed to seal cable isn't hinged so without using a razor blade to cut it on one side, there's no way to get the cable inside the hole intended for it!

Do you mean the Waterproof Rubber Insert? It would be more clear if you could upload some pictures.

If you get a faulty part, I suggest you email TP-Link support for a part replacement.

Options
2020-10-04 07:36:03

Yannie wrote

Do you mean the Waterproof Rubber Insert? It would be more clear if you could upload some pictures.

If you get a faulty part, I suggest you email TP-Link support for a part replacement.

@Yannie 

yes, that's the correct name for it which I didn't have when I wrote post.

i ended up just using a razor blade as described to cut one side to make it into a hinged part instead of solid part because as is, the only wire you could get through it would have been without a RJ connector on end.

FYI - in case others find this problem, I would suggest not cutting it at midpoint  on side but offset just a bit so that when you slide cover on, there's a bit more towards the cover as cover may catch it and pull it out of place so I had to hold it in position with other hand when putting cover on. Hard to describe but unfortunately I can't get pix as just too small an item for my camera.

And was just curious if anyone else had encountered this issue.

Options
2020-11-12 06:53:40

@J.Hallgren I don't know, but I tried several cables, and I do not need to cut anything. I even do not like, that it's a bit too small, so you can see small gap :)

Options
2020-11-24 17:29:21

@Mitya just now getting back to this.

Trying another way to describe the situation I had: the gasket wasn't cut on one side to allow it to be placed around a cable that already had a RJ45 on end of it. So was kinda like an "O" instead of a "C" if you will.

If I didn't have a connector on it, I could have put cable through it but a RJ45 wouldn't fit through it so had to cut  gasket on one side converting the O to a C type.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 4