SDN Switches Pending state

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-07 22:05:55
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.1.5

Hi all,

is there the possibility to NON adopt the switches compatible with SDN in order to remove it in the Device section in Pending state?

I found the oprion "show pending devices" under maintenance but in this way I'm not able to adopt the other devices like EAP....

Thanks

Best Regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:SDN Switches Pending state
2020-10-09 03:59:18 - last edited 2020-10-09 04:00:07

Dear @Emitplink,

is there the possibility to NON adopt the switches compatible with SDN in order to remove it in the Device section in Pending state?

If the Status of the device shows as Pending on the SDN controller, it means that the device hasn't been adopted yet.

BTW, if you don't want to manage the switch with Omada SDN, please DO NOT upgrade the firmware of the switch to the SDN version.

Note: In the controller mode, some advanced functions will be limited. Please read the FAQ2936 for more details.

I found the oprion "show pending devices" under maintenance but in this way I'm not able to adopt the other devices like EAP....

Here is the effect of this option explained on the UG.

If the issue is that the EAP doesn't show up on the Controller, please firstly ensure the option "show pending devices" is enabled,
then refer to the guide below for troubleshooting.

If the Status of the EAP shows Pending, but you failed to adopt it from the Controller, please kindly check the guide below.

Hope the information above is helpful.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-09 08:41:36

Fae wrote

BTW, if you don't want to manage the switch with Omada SDN, please DO NOT upgrade the firmware of the switch to the SDN version.

Note: In the controller mode, some advanced functions will be limited. Please read the FAQ2936 for more details.

@Fae 

Thanks for your reply.

In this way there are the possibility that the customer upgrad by itself the fw of the switches and then they find as a "pending devices" on a cloud controller... and also if they adopt it the cfg of the switches it will be erase.

And what about the new SDN switches SDN native fw? if I have a OC00 and EAP update with the last SDN fw but I want to use the switches in standalone mode? I always see the switches in my LAN as a pending??

Thanks

Best Regards

Options
2020-10-19 08:15:10

Dear @Emitplink,

And what about the new SDN switches SDN native fw? if I have a OC00 and EAP update with the last SDN fw but I want to use the switches in standalone mode? I always see the switches in my LAN as a pending??

It can still work in standalone mode, just do not adopt it from the Omada Controller.

In case it's adopted by the controller automatically, you may firstly access the switch's web UI to change the username and password.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 850

Replies: 3

Related Articles