Identify guest as guest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Identify guest as guest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Identify guest as guest
Identify guest as guest
2020-10-08 04:58:27
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0

Since the update to controller version 4.1.5 it is no longer possible to create more than one portal to authenticate for WLANs.

I can create one portal and assign it to multiple WLANs, but not create multiple portals (with different settings) for multiple WLANs.

To identify a user as a guest, the uer has to pass a portal, otherwise he is not recognized as a guest user, not even if the WLAN he connects to

is marked as guest WLAN. 

I would have the following scenario:

WLAN1: my internal WLAN

WLAN2: guest network for longtime guests (connected clients should be shown as guests in client list)

WLAN3: guest network for short time guests (connected clients should be shown as guests in client list)

I have created a portal with settings for the longtime guests and they are shown as guests when they passed the portal and connected to the WLAN.

But because I can not create a second portal with settings for short time guests, they will not be shown as guest users in client list. 

Is there a way to setup a WLAN as a guest network without a portal, where users that connect to this WLAN are shown as guests in client list?

It was so easy and convenient to do with the old version of Omada, where you were able to create multiple portals :-(

Options
4 Reply
Re:Identify guest as guest
2020-10-09 03:29:16 - last edited 2020-10-09 03:29:36

Dear @HKBlizzard,

Since the update to controller version 4.1.5 it is no longer possible to create more than one portal to authenticate for WLANs.

Sorry that the SDN controller 4.1.5 only supports one portal for multiple WLANs.

Is there a way to setup a WLAN as a guest network without a portal, where users that connect to this WLAN are shown as guests in client list?

To make connected clients be shown as guests in the client list, we only need to enable Guest Network when creating the wireless networks. But if you want to limit the connected time (1h or 2h for example) for different WLANs, I'm afraid that you still need to configure portal such as Voucher to achieve it.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-09 06:04:25

Hi @Fae 

thank you very much for the quick answer.

Since there should not be any restrictions for my longtime guest network (except restricted communication within my network), I do not need a portal for that one.

I just wanted the users to be shown as guests.

I've removed the portal from the longtime guest network and left the setting "guest network".

After login to this network, my client was shown as guest user, so this is working now.

Have tried this earlier with the first version of the new controller software and there it didn't work, but now it does.

Activated the portal and guest network for my short time guest network and this also is working.

2 more questions:

• can I change the language for printing out the vouchers somewhere? I only can choose english, but want to have german available.
  • will there be the opportunity to create more than one portal again with some of the next releases?

tia

Ingo

Options
2020-10-12 09:40:04

Hi @Fae 

any news or info regarding my two questions?

Options
2020-10-12 10:01:12 - last edited 2020-10-16 03:52:28

Dear @HKBlizzard,

Sorry for the late response.

• can I change the language for printing out the vouchers somewhere? I only can choose english, but want to have german available.
  • will there be the opportunity to create more than one portal again with some of the next releases?

1. I'm afraid not, only English is supported at present.

2. As far as I know, there is no plan to create more than one portal on SDN for the time being.

Update answer: 

The PE has added a plan to create more than one portal per site in the future release (not in the next version).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 704

Replies: 4

Related Articles