WAN 1 keep loosing connection and won't auto connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-13 12:25:35 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:47:22
Model: TL-ER6120  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.2 Build 20200313 Rel.47458

Hello guys, I'm having this problem, after two or three days WAN 1 (PPPoE) disconnect and it won't connect automatically, when I hit the connect button it does but in weekends remain down till Monday morning when i come to the office and manually connect the wan.

This is a problem because that wan is used for VPN and home work for some users.

I reached customer support in my country and they give me the link for the firmware upgrade, i did the upgrade and still having the same issue.

Before the ER6120 I had TL-R470+ and never had any problem with it, but the 470+ had another way to connect the PPPoE conection as Russian PPPoE, and the ER6120 does not.

Options
6 Reply
Re:WAN 1 keep loosing connection and won't auto connect
2020-10-14 03:44:37 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:47:22

Dear @DGO,

I'm having this problem, after two or three days WAN 1 (PPPoE) disconnect and it won't connect automatically, when I hit the connect button it does but in weekends remain down till Monday morning when i come to the office and manually connect the wan.

To locate the problem, you may capture the packets of WAN1 port with Port Mirror function on the router before and when the connection dropped. How to configure Port Mirror on TP-Link routers, https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/528/

Before the ER6120 I had TL-R470+ and never had any problem with it, but the 470+ had another way to connect the PPPoE conection as Russian PPPoE, and the ER6120 does not.

Can you recall the hardware and firmware version of the TL-R470T+?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-21 07:14:45 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:47:22

Dear @DGO,

I just want to follow-up on this. Any updates on the problem? Is the problem resolved in another way?

If your concern has been addressed or resolved, please feel free to update here. Thank you!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-21 11:15:09 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:47:22

@Fae Customer Service still has no reply on the matter, they say that probably today will have an answer, the problem still happening, I just come int the office and the wan was down.

ADSL modem is in bridge mode with static IP I can't even log in into it, when I purchase the router couple months ago I configured the WAN as PPPoE, i have the username and password and it works as long I hit the "connect" button in the wan page.

The other option is Static IP, i don't know if this option will work with the incoming connections, I have VPN users, and a webpage.

Options
2020-10-23 03:36:18 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:47:22

Dear @DGO,

Thank you for your response. Please feel free to comment here once you get any update on the issue.

By the way, you may check the system log after the wan was down, verify if there are some logs like "PPPoE began connecting automatically". Normally, we can see such log item if the router connects automatically. If there is but the router still failed to connect, it may not be the router issue. It is also suggested to try contacting the ISP, maybe the ISP can find something on their site.

Options
2020-10-26 14:38:19 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:47:22

@Fae I reset the modem to defaults and reconfigure it as bridge, It's been 3 hours connected, what I did now is setting another ADSL line with the modem as bridge, this way there will be TWO VPN's availables, if one is down people can use the other.

In fact the second PPPoE connection I did it 3 days ago (Friday) and this one never lost connection and users were using that one the entire weekend.

WAN1: Modem Huawei HG532s

WAN2: Modem ZyXel P600

I'm gonna keep an eye over wan1, but it seems modem problems not ER-6120 problems.

Options
2020-10-27 04:05:13 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:47:22

Dear @DGO,

I appreciate your kind update here. Glad to hear that if your concern could be resolved finally.

I reset the modem to defaults and reconfigure it as bridge, It's been 3 hours connected, what I did now is setting another ADSL line with the modem as bridge, this way there will be TWO VPN's availables, if one is down people can use the other.

In fact the second PPPoE connection I did it 3 days ago (Friday) and this one never lost connection and users were using that one the entire weekend.

WAN1: Modem Huawei HG532s

WAN2: Modem ZyXel P600

I'm gonna keep an eye over wan1, but it seems modem problems not ER-6120 problems.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1284

Replies: 6

Related Articles