EAP245 / Omada Software Controller Scheduler not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-26 00:37:23 - last edited 2020-11-13 10:05:14
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.4.0 Build 20200117 Rel. 39932

Hello,

Posted a response in an old thread and not seeing any action so trying a new one.

Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong, but I thought the scheduler could control wifi availability for a given SSID.

Set in Scheduler for 7am to 10:30PM

Associated with the corresponding SSID (TROJAN-J), with scheduler enabled. My assumption with this setting is the SSID would become visible/accessible at 7AM, and then disappear at 10:30PM. 

I am using Omada Controller software Version: 3.2.10 running on a Debian Linux host (vm), I have synced the linux host to time.google.com NTP. Prior to adding the AP to the Controller I set the time (also with and without NTP)  and enabled DST on the device. I have tried only using the scheduler on the EAP245 (without association to the Omada controller) and seeing the same behavior.

If the SSID is on before 10:30PM it will drop off around 9:00PM (EST), but not consistently. Do I have a defective AP?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP245 / Omada Software Controller Scheduler not working-Solution
2020-11-08 00:54:37 - last edited 2020-11-13 10:05:14

@Fae Hi Fae,

I performed another reset in preparation to send support a backup of my EAP245, but since this last reset it seems to be working!

The only thing different is that here in Canada we changed our clocks for DST, so perhaps that is related. 

I also changed the local admin account to a complex password.

In any case , I have told support they can close the ticket.

Thanks for escalating.

Perhaps the problem all along was the Omada software configuration on my linux server. I may just buy an Omada controller device instead as I really like the information detail it provides.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:EAP245 / Omada Software Controller Scheduler not working
2020-10-26 07:46:33 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:46:45

Dear @Loudgas,

If the SSID is on before 10:30PM it will drop off around 9:00PM (EST), but not consistently. Do I have a defective AP?

When you configure the EAP245 via web UI in Standalone mode, did you enable DST and set the correct DST time for the EAP245? Is the time showing on the web UI of the EAP245 exactly the same as your actual time?

There is another related post which seems to be caused by wrong DST settings.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/205156

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-10-26 14:46:45

@Fae Thanks for your quick response!

I did check the time was in sync in standalone mode when I synced to my PC, I added an optional NTP server but had enabled DST prior, perhaps the NTP alterted the time in a negative way, I will try without and recheck and upload screen captures.

I had seen that other article, which motivated me to reset and try it in standalone mode. I will try again.

Thanks

Options
2020-10-29 11:39:19

Performed another reset, tested with and without DST enabled, synced to my PC time.

Also cut it down to a single SSID to simplify things, and there is no predictable or expected behavior.

I give up!

Options
2020-11-03 07:30:57

Dear @Loudgas,

Sorry for any trouble caused.

To better assist you, I'd like to escalate your case to our senior engineer who may help you more efficiently.

They will reach you later via your registered email address, please pay attention to your email box and reply back for further assistance.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP245 / Omada Software Controller Scheduler not working-Solution
2020-11-08 00:54:37 - last edited 2020-11-13 10:05:14

@Fae Hi Fae,

I performed another reset in preparation to send support a backup of my EAP245, but since this last reset it seems to be working!

The only thing different is that here in Canada we changed our clocks for DST, so perhaps that is related. 

I also changed the local admin account to a complex password.

In any case , I have told support they can close the ticket.

Thanks for escalating.

Perhaps the problem all along was the Omada software configuration on my linux server. I may just buy an Omada controller device instead as I really like the information detail it provides.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-09 07:32:45

Dear @Loudgas,

Glad to hear that it is working now. Thank you for your kind feedback!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1284

Replies: 6

Related Articles